TC4400 Battery Life

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by elerouxx, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elerouxx

elerouxx Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey! I have been a tablet PC user for many years.

I used to own a TC4200, then I 'upgraded' to a TX2500. I never liked that one - my unit was flawed, I think. It ended up burned out, but that's another story.

I had liked the TC4200 so much than some years ago I bought a TC4400, very cheap at ebay. It served very well to my purposes. Now, while I'm very excited about news on the 'rebirth of the tabletpc', I still don't think it's time for buying. Even while my tablet pc has the simplest t2300 cpu, it outperforms the Atom cpus, and the alternatives are still very expensive.

Out of weight and comfort, the only caveat with the TC4400 is battery life. I have an original battery pack and bought a new one, and none of them gives me more than 50 minutes. I'm using Windows 7, following all tips to save battery, but I wonder if any of you are getting better battery life, or if I am doing something wrong.

My TC4400: T2300 Core Duo, at 1.66, 2 MB RAM. I got a 90GB SSD but it made no difference in battery life as I thought it would (but resuming from hibernation is fast now!).

-E