tc4200 travel battery?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Daring, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Ria

Ria Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone own it? and is it worth the money? If it is, I could just carry tht around and leave my adapter in my car at school...

Hehe. Once I left my adapter at someone else's house, and didn't pick it up in the morning so I had very little battery left... I sit in the second row of my chem lecture, and there is a space in front of me for the projector, and there is also a plug there, so I just plugged my laptop in... I think my professor gave me a funny look but she didn't care...

So in situations like this, I guess the travel battery would be nice...

2. Daring

Daring Moderator

While I do not own one, my company uses them with the NC6220 laptops the sales reps use. I did borrow one for a while and it about doubles the battery life. It clips on to the bottom and is not nearly as intrusive as I thought it would be. The other advantage of the add-on battery rather then spare battery is you don't need to suspend to swap batteries.

All of this does come at a cost however. The travel battery will add about one pound to the weight and as I recall that was an issue for you. However, some of that weight can be offset by not carrying the charger.

3. Nazdrovje

Nazdrovje Pen Pal - Newbie

Another question: the travel battery seems to tilt the PC slightly. While this seems OK when used as a laptop, how does it feel when used as a tablet?

4. Daring

Daring Moderator

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Sorry to say you'll have to settle for the thousand words as I don't have a picture to send you. However I can tell you that it is U shaped and fits along the outer edge. When using it in tablet mode because your arm fits down the middle of the tablet there is no contact with the battery except at the side of tablet where your wrist is. HP has been kind enough to add a little notch there so your wrist fits comfortably.

5. Nazdrovje

Nazdrovje Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, I see. But I can't lay it down on my desk in portrait orientation, I presume?

6. Ria

Ria Pen Pal - Newbie

I was wondering the same, Does it tilt to one side in portrait mode?

7. Daring

Daring Moderator

Yes. If laid on a flat surface in portrait mode it will elevate one side about 1 inch.

8. Ria

Ria Pen Pal - Newbie

well that's quite unfortunate, but I guess the design is good for you regular laptop...

9. Daring

Daring Moderator

It isn't really as bad as it might seem. I can't speak for you, but when I am using the tablet in tablet mode, I am almost never using it on a flat surface. It is always in my arm or on my lap where adjusting isn't an issue.