tc4200 First Impression

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Daring, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JumboChicken

JumboChicken Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow. That was the first thing i thought when i got my package just 3 hours ago. As some of you may already know (seeing as how i went crazy and jumped on the board when i found out) i just recently ordered the tc4200 from HP's site. It was ordered 7/27 and on 7/28 i had my grubby hands al over it.

First thing i noticed when i powered it on was how friggen quite this thing is. It may be that i have grown accustomed to having loud fans in my house these past few weeks living in California, but i tend to lean more toward the quite fan idea.

Also, the keyboard feels great. It is responsive and feels tough. No flimsy keys on this bad boy.

Some may be turned off this maching as it has a 12 inch display and may opt for the bigger and heavier rigs, as i almost did. Well, i am actually quite happy with the screen. The image is crisp and even with my poor eyesight i can see everything on the screen.

Another concern i had that was quickly put to rest was the 512 ram that came factory installed. Well, as it appears right now, i have yet to run into any slowdown. I will have to try to install some system intensive programs to really take this machine to its limit, but i will eventually opt for a 1gig upgrad from crucial.

I ordered the travel battery and that should be arriving tomorrow via FedEx. Also, im going to invest in the screen protector and also the neat-o PolyGFX link is something i liked.

kevin's Rating (1-10) 10+. This maching feels sturdy and seems the perfect fit for a college student who wants to have a strong machine without the weight or heat. I totally recommend this tablet.

Kevin

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

hah! Glad you love it. Honestly, I think the TC4200 is great and one of the best built units out there. Would you not agree that it's smaller in person than in photos? I expected it to be much fatter the first time I saw it in person.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Very cool Jumbo,

That TC4200 was one of the biggest surprises I've had from HP in quite a while. It is a very capable alternative to the IBM X41 in regard to it's fabulous build quality and powerful performance. Enjoy!

4. JumboChicken

JumboChicken Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah, when i saw it i was a bit taken aback by the size. in the picks i was kinda expecting a bit more. I have quickly grown used to the size and now i cant put the damn thing down :D

Also, the microsoft packs rock!! Especially the microsoft ink included in the experience pack. a must for any aspiring artists, my brother loves it and he is in his second year at art school.

oh yeah, Would you guys happen to know where i could get my hands on OneNote with a student discount, ive been trying to make contact with the higher ups in my school to see about that but i have het to recieve any callbacks.

Thanks
    kevin

5. Person

Person Pen Pal - Newbie

Whats this Microsoft Pack you are talking about? I didnt get any editional software with mine

6. Daring

Daring Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.