Taskbar malfunction?

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by dtwn, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtwn

dtwn Pen Pal - Newbie

My new 2760p arrived today. Rather pleased with it considering my last tablet was an x61t. It's a lot snappier and I'm rather impressed with the boot speeds. The 7200RPM HDD feels almost as snappy as my Intel X2 in my 8740w.

I'm running into a few problems so far.
    1) Dead zone for finger input on the lowest portion of the screen. Approximately the height of the taskbar. All attempts to use the taskbar with finger input will result in a click either just above the taskbar at the bottom right corner or on the show desktop button (occasionally).

2) Auto-rotation seems buggy? I came across a mention of an FCC ruling but can't seem to find any information on it?

3) Multitouch gestures such as zoom seem to work intermittently.

I haven't had the opportunity to do a reinstall as I don't have any disks with me. The thread is titled such as I was under the impression that my taskbar was malfunctioning, rather than a possible screen issue.

2. shyam111

shyam111 Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a similar issue with a replacement screen on my 2740p (issue 1), they ended up replacing the panel again, it seemed to be a hardware defect in my case.

3. dtwn

dtwn Pen Pal - Newbie

It appears to be a driver issue. Installing HP's on-site drivers don't help, but Fujitsu's wacom driver mentioned in another thread worked.

Still not entirely used to the touchpad yet.

4. dtwn

dtwn Pen Pal - Newbie

On the other hand, maybe not. HP's drivers caused the taskbar issue, but Fujitus's drivers cause the pen to fail to recognise any change in orientation of landscape and to continue to input in the original orientation.

Uninstalling HP's and Fujitsu's drivers and reinstalling HP's resulted in a hand/pen input that worked fine in original orientation, recognise the change in orientation and respond correspondingly, but result in the original dead taskbar zone if put into portrait mode. The difference being this time, it's the pen that has a dead zone. In addition, the calibration tool for the pen fails beyond the second check point while finger calibration can be completed without any issues.

Edit - tried using the drivers posted here @http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-elitebooks/45740-2760p-pressure-sensitivity.html#post259087 but no luck. Attempting to calibrate the pen comes up with "The tablet driver was not found", while the pen dead zone continues to occur on the leftmost edge of the screen.

Second edit - after an array of driver installs, I managed to get the pen and finger input to work in all parts of the screen, but I'm still unable to calibrate pen input. Will give it a rest and test it out for further use.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.