taking notes on tx2500 series

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by universitystudent, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. universitystudent

universitystudent Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I am going to be purchasing a tx 2500 tablet computer. The main purpose of this computer will be to take notes at university. Unfortunately, I do not understand exactly how this can be done. I have looked in stores at using MS word as the program with this but you can not write directly onto the page (you have to write into a smaller window allowing only short phrases which then converts the writing to text which would take way to long and would not be affective for in class).

What is the most effective way of taking notes on the tablet in class, such as which program to use? I would preferably like to use a program similar to MS word, write directly onto a page the size of a regular sheet of paper and then after class, convert the notes (which could be more than one page) into text.

The only way I can think of doing it now would be to use adobe acrobat to write the notes and just not convert them. Any better ideas?

Thanks so much for the help!

2. R1C47

R1C47 Scribbler - Standard Member

3. universitystudent

universitystudent Pen Pal - Newbie

Does this convert your writing to computer text? and is it easy to use?

thanks

4. R1C47

yes it recognizes what you write and can even do searches in it.

It's awesome.

5. us024077

us024077 Pen Pal - Newbie

You can ink directly in Word, you just have to turn in on, and it's buried in the menus of Word 2007 someplace

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

You can ink directly in word, but there is no recognition. You access it under the review tab.

Also there is Evernote & Gobinder, but Gobinder 2006 though a nice program is on its way out. (no more support or development)

If you have material in PDF you can use PDF Annotator, to write on the document.

With onenote you can store your handwriting in ink and it is still searchable (behind the scenes indexing) and you can also print to onenote to share your notes w/ the pdf/xps plugin.

You can also record audio, which is synced to your hand written notes. (also video if so inclined, but would probably work better w/ an external camera for your notebook)

Check out some other (official) videos of Onenote here (scroll all the way to the bottom)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. rlopez

rlopez Pen Pal - Newbie

I always wondered how it works. Im getting my tablet in august so I guess it would be good to learn more now so Im not lost when I get it.

8. R1C47

9. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

10. twistntouch

twistntouch Pen Pal - Newbie

Your tx2500 will come with windows journal which is a decent, albeit not great notetaking application.

What you really need for notetaking at the university level is Microsoft OneNote, as stated above. Depending upon what University you go to, you may be able to purchase a copy of Microsoft Office Enterprise pretty cheap from your school if they have a volume-distribution license. I got a copy from my school's computer store for $80 bucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.