Tablets in the Courtroom.

Discussion in 'Professions' started by Bronsky, Mar 1, 2014.

1. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Some people are very attached to conventionalism. I had a boss once that would say things like, "that computer thing, just makes things more difficult than they already are...."

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Inflammatory Slides, sounds like a movie title. I'll watch it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

JaneL likes this.
  3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

If video is one of your main goals, be careful with the SP3. It is known for having a pretty bad camera.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Has anybody put all their documents on the cloud? What I'm considering is a back up system for my Surface 3 (which is my only computer) which I use docked at the office and my secretary's Pentium Powered all-in-one Thinkstation. I don't want any other computer in the office using that space. If possible, I would like our computers backed up daily onto external storage and then to the cloud for redundancy and remote access. The backup to the remote drive should by through the firm network. Does anybody have a system in place like this? I want to be able to access my secretary's documents from anywhere. Is there a simple, AND SAFE way to do this with remote access to her computer? If so, I might be able to just skip the online storage part.

5. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

No. Call me old fashioned. But don't trust the cloud enough. I trust the cloud, but don't trust all the bad actors that have nothing better to do than try to hack it. Have put all my files on my phone so I always have access to them.

Do you have an internal network where you can at least have a network attached storage?

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yes. I guess that is what I want to figure out. I would be happy with access to my and my secretary's computer on the business network. If it was my own computer, I would have the documents with my most of the time, since I am rarely without my Surface 3. But, it's my secretary's computer, which holds the vast majority of documents related to my practice. It's her unit I am hoping to access remotely.

7. PurpleRabbit84

PurpleRabbit84 Pen Pal - Newbie

I think that more and more people use cloud storages in their business. I've recently spoken with a friend who said that his entire company uses an online storage and utilise a mobile app to manage all their documents. I don't remember the name right now, I will check tomorrow.

8. PurpleRabbit84

PurpleRabbit84 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, so he uses Crescendo application. It's a presentation application which uses documents from cloud storages, so you can manage them offline. He said he is very happy with the app. I'm not sure if I can link the direct links on this forum?