Tablets as a category gone from the Microsoft Store

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by WillAdams, Nov 27, 2017.

1. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

Also listed as PC & Tablets -

upload_2017-11-27_9-24-29.png

3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Right, but there used to be a separate category under PC & Tablets listing them separate from the 2-in-1s.

4. monter

monter Pen Pal - Newbie

oh, first they ruined tablet mode in windows 10 compared to windows 8. then they started selling Surface Pro without the pen. then they totally ruined the pen experience in the Fall Creators update. and now they removed the Tablet PC category.
    i think i can see the direction here. i hope Adobe will bring their full apps like desktop Photoshop and Illustrator to iPad Pro - i'll throw my surface book with performance base into garbage and go buy the ipad pro the day they release them.
    to understand my frustration and help me bring the attention to the issue please visit and upvote both my question on microsoft answers and feedback

WillAdams likes this.
  5. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

To be fair, with Atom processor now out of the picture thanks also to lntel, there is not much of a low-end or smaller-sized Windows tablet market to speak of. Apollo Lake has far less of the market acceptance and penetration, primarily now Chinese imports, where you are not seeing the new-and-flashy Dell Venue 11's and ASUS VivoTab Note 8's that drove consumer interest. Until Windows on ARM is released, it is going to be slim pickings in the sub-11-inch and economy Windows tablet market.