Tablet with Stylus suggestion needed! something for work & read

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by NickyT, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyT

NickyT Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your ideas!

1. What is your budget?
    Personally I consider the Cost/Performance Value of higher importance than the MSRP, if the product itself is the perfect solution that suits my needs, and it really is so good that it is of great C/P Value at a premium price, I'll still go for it. It's okay if it's not something I'd want, but it's something I need, if you know what I mean;).

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
    No, I prefer a brand new one.

3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
    Open to all options, yes.

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
    Within the range of 7.1" - 13" I suppose? Open to all options.

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?
    Hong Kong

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
    Open to all options.

7. How many hours battery life do you require?
    5-6hrs minimum.... I guess that already is the minimum isnt it? No going to have that screen on for 8/12/18/24hrs a day.

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
    Email, Word, Notetaking, Web Surfing something like that.

9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?
    Prefer Android and Google, but again, open to suggestions

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
    Word/PDF reader for now, open to suggestions.

11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
    Not on the tablet, thanks.

12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?
    Not on the tablet, thanks.

Screen Specifics

1. Any preference on screen resolution?
    Open to suggestions.

2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
    Rarely but yeah, that'd be bonus.

3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom EMR, AES or N-trig?
    Stylus, yes, totally. writing and notetaking.

Component Specifics

1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?
    May I skip this? If im all aware of all the specs that i need then I would already have Googled it LOL

2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?
    MicroUSB/MicroSD/SD/USB-C yeah they are fine, thanks.

Misc

My Situation:
    My work requires me to read a lot of government tenders and purchase documents, I check my email, most of the documents arrive in either PDF or Word format; I get system diagrams from the system designers as well, mostly in JPG. I read them all, I point out the important parts/ issues/ make suggestions etc.

My Expectation:
    I would like to be able to highlight the important parts and/or issues, to circle/cross out and drop notes on/next to the document/diagram; to have another page to write on, side by side with the PDF/Word, where I can note down all the key points/issues/items to purchase etc. I will carry it around on and off work everyday and bring it with me during the weekends so I can respond quick, and to read some e-magazines, YouTube and Facebook etc.

Side note:
    Currently, I'm doing it old school (or the stupid way:D). I got this super light weight Asus laptop that happens to run on i5 so it's pretty much satisfied my work presentation/ video playback/ SKYPE/ occasional on the go gaming needs. I check my email, download the documents/diagrams, I print them out, use my highlight pen and pencil, and I have an A4 notebook (I mean REAL notebook made of papers) to write on. Then I shoot pictures of them with my Huawai P20 phone which happens to be able to tell it's a document and crop it for me, then I upload them to my Google Drive for online storage and I share the link to my colleagues/ partners. And no, LTE for tablet isnt a MUST for me, there's WiFi at home and at work, on the go I'm on an unlimited 4G subscription so my phone is always on the Tethering Hotspot mode, I'm okay with my phone's battery drain.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. KlickSter123

KlickSter123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd suggest iPad 2018. But if you're more comfortable with android, Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 then.

NickyT likes this.
  3. NickyT

NickyT Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks! Any idea if I can upload/download/share content to Google Drive on an iPad just as easy as it is on an Android tablet?
    As for that "Pad/tablet in landscape mode, displaying two contents side my side and I write on one side" a built in feature (called something like multi-task or something on Android.... I think....), or is there a specific App for iPad? How user friendly it gets?

4. KlickSter123

KlickSter123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Google drive on iPad works as easy as it does in any other device. There might just be a few difference with the layout and some buttons (not sure about this, but for many apps, iOs versions are different from the android ones).

For the multi-task thing, ipad allows that with Split view. It's essentially the same with Android. Doesn't need an app or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.