Tablet with a large screen?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by imjusthereforonequestion, Jun 17, 2011.

1. imjusthereforonequestion

imjusthereforonequestion Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    I'm looking to buy a tablet PC (convertible...laptop sometimes, tablet when I feel like it)

my last laptop, which recently died, had a 17 inch screen. I'm not necessarily looking for that big of a screen again but I've mostly seen 10-12 inch screens and I'd like it to be a bit bigger than that...more of a "desktop replacement tablet" if that is possible.

I haven't seen any tablet of that size, does anyone know of one? At this point I'm pretty flexible as far as most of the specs.
    thanks!

2. Krelian

Krelian All about the T5010/T900

There's really only one current-model option with a screen larger than 12.1":
    The 13.3" Fujitsu T901 (or it's previous incarnations the T900 and T5010).
    There was also a 14" Gateway a long while back (the C-141x I believe it was) but it's a much older machine and chances are you'll be looking for better performance than what it can offer.

Since one of the original design considerations for Tablet PCs was to be carried in one hand (while writing with the other) large formats have never really been a consideration.
    Also, Wacom (the preferred digitizer manufacturer) only makes their Penabled digitizer in certain, sometimes unusual, sizes.

3. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

4. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey,now,
    There are 3 13.3 inch Tablets available:

1)Modbook Pro. (Wacom Penabled,Non Convertible)
    ( Modbook Pro | Modbook Inc. )

2)Asus Taichi 31 (N-Triq)
    3) Fujitsu Lifebook T902. (Waxom Penabled,Convertible)

Wacom America has announced its plans to launch its own Tablet PC this summer with a HD display.No idea of the specs but I guess it may be 13.3 inches.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  5. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member