Tablet vs Slate

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brian, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_email_college

the_email_college Pen Pal - Newbie

I am about to start college as a freshman in engineering. I haven't yet decided which one, but want to get a tablet for note taking in class, since I have a habit of ruining or losing paper notes. I know from other posts on this site, there are other possiblities for a tablet, like making notes on PDF documents and stuff... Sorry, getting off topic. My father is getting a Motion LE1600 and wants me to try it out before deciding on a tablet or lasik, my options for a graduation gift. I was wondering what people thought were the benefits and drawbacks to a tablet with the keyboard or a slate. Thanks for your time

2. Stockmarket

Stockmarket Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I've been doing extensive research on this topic as well and it looks like the Motion LE1600 will be my final choice. I've read several reviews of convertibles vs slates that state for those who have had the luxury of using both, they prefer the slate. Furthermore, one reviewer went on to say that had he been better versed with the stylus as an input device at the time he purchased his convertible, he never would have bought it. He would have chosen a slate because he can do just about everything now with the stylus and uses the keyboard occasionaly.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

3. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think it really depends on how you're going to use it. My take is that you're going to be typing a lot of papers in college, so the keyboard will be nice. That said, you can add those with accessories at your desk or whatnot, you just have less flexibility on the go when you're without them. You will get a lighter machine in exchange, something that may or may not be important to you. So I'd make the decion first on the amount of typing you plan on doing then on the location you'll be doing it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.