Tablet usage questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by SJSU student, Apr 12, 2011.

?

What device are you using right now?

1. Laptop/PC

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Smartphone

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Android Tablet Smartphone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. iPad/iPad2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other Tablet

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJSU student

SJSU student Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I am a student at San Jose State University and I’m doing a project about tablet user experience for owners of devices like iPads, Xoom, Galaxy tab, etc. My research has led me to think tablets are changing the way people browse the internet and use other devices.Can you please help me by filling out a survey about tablet usage. It will only take 2-3 minutes to complete. Your help will be appreciated. Click the link below if you want to help a student complete a project. Thank you for your time.

Survey | Qualtrics Survey Software

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Be careful, most of the users here own real tablet PCs with pen input to take notes, draw, earn money, thus useful productive devices.

Your survey is meant for users who own gadgets like the iPad or XOOM, expensive media consuming devices with few use.

So you should clarify your target audience.

3. SJSU student

Thank you for the advice

4. SJSU student

Thank you to everyone who has helped me so far. You have made the project successful and enlightned me on how tablet owners use their tablets. It's not too late to still help and fill out a survey. Your help is appreciated.

5. Liberty

Liberty Scribbler - Standard Member

Some of the questions could have been worded better. I would leave room for comments after each question.

6. purplepeopledesign

purplepeopledesign Scribbler - Standard Member

I looked it over and it's obviously biased to towards the iPad demographic. For instance, there doesn't appear to be any indication that some users have had tablet input devices since the Palm Pilot and that there are applications for inventory control, food service and even parcel delivery. Tablet input for creative production doesn't appear to be included, such as all the professionals using Wacom USB tablets in the photo, graphics and printing industries.

:)ensen.

7. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree that the survey is "biased to towards the iPad demographic", and does not take into account the way most of us here in this forum use our tabletPCs, but he did state that his project is about the experience for "owners of devices like iPads, Xoom, Galaxy tab", and how they browse the internet etc. If the study is only about the way the (new category of) tablets change media consumption etc., then the questions are fine. If I do a study about motorcycles, I won't include questions about how the capacity of a car's trunk rates as a deal breaker...

Sadly most studies that are done in the "tablet" field seems to have this focus on the consumer devices though, would be nice if some studies would look beyond the iPad&co horizon.

8. Crylo

Crylo Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm currently using a desktop, planning to buy a BlackBerry Playbook this week or next.

9. Tis345

Tis345 Pen Pal - Newbie

Pls share the insights & conclusion of your project. it can help us to understand market/ customer in depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.