Tablet store in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by guthrien, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eduardtee

eduardtee Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been browsing these forums for a few weeks now and I've set my sights on the Fujitsu T4220 Tablet.

The thing is: I'll be in Las Vegas within two weeks. I'll only be there for a few days :(

I was planning on buying a tablet there (either the Fujitsu, or if not available, another one). Does anybody know where I can find stores (preferably near the strip) that sell Tablets?

The current prices are favorable to me, since I live in the Netherlands and the Euro is very strong compared to the US$ right now.

2. r.andom

r.andom Pen Pal - Newbie

There is a phone/gadget store in The Fashion Show mall on the strip. It is worth giving them a call to see if they might have what you want. They tend to carry several dozen phones (including several hard to find models) and a bunch of other random technology, some not readily available.

Another place to go in Vegas is Fry's electronics when searching for technology widgets. If you've never been to one it's like a electronics warehouse. They sell everything from motherboards to home appliances to soldering irons. It's like Bestbuy + Radio Shack + Costco for Electronics. Amazing variety, there is one off the end of the strip.

Looking at Fry's website they are showing the T4220 on their site, so it is definitely worth a look/call.

The fashion show mall:
    http://www.thefashionshow.com/

Fry's online presence:
    http://www.outpost.com/

Other than those two I would check all the standard stores such as Circuit City and Bestbuy. If you can find it at a major American electronics retailer there is a good chance there will be one in vegas.

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I can confirm that Fry's does carry the Fujitsu T4220 in their stores....at least in the San Diego store the few times I went there. I believe Circuit City sells Gateway and HP tablets.

4. eduardtee

Thanks for the information!
    I'll definitely try to checkout the Fashion Show Mall, since it's probably not too far from the Bellagio where we're staying.

I've never been to a Fry's before, but it sounds good :) In the Netherlands, we don't have too many large electronics-stores, except for the Media Markt.

Since I read mostly forums where Americans post, I read a lot about stores like Best Buy and Circuit City, but have only been to one in Mississauga (Ontario, Canada), I think.

Do you know if there are any Best Buy's or Circuit City's near the Strip?

Because I've been reading a little bit more into all of the different Tablet's and now the HP TX2000 has caught my eye because of both the active digitizer and touchscreen functionality. However, the Dell XT also sounds good because of the capacitive touch possibilities...

In other words: still not done looking for THE one, but at least I can ask for information on where to buy one, when in Vegas :)

5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I've only gone through Vegas a couple times, and I don't remember any retail stores being near the strip. You'll need to go for a little drive, but not too far since Vegas isn't a very big place, at least not compared to where I live, where we call the entire county of San Diego....San Diego....which is over 4000 square miles.

6. r.andom

r.andom Pen Pal - Newbie

The Fashion show mall is on the strip, so getting to it will be no problem other than perhaps a 30 minute trek if you are at the other end of the strip (the strip is VERY long, get a monorail ticket, or bring good walking shoes).

The Fry's if memory serves is a mile or two off the strip but still on the same road, still a quick cab (maybe even public bus?) ride away.

Fry's is a extreme example of a electronics store, I don't know of another store that even remotely compares. Bestbuy/Circuit City/etc. are all small compared to Fry's. If it's Electronic they have a high probability of having some variant of it in-stock.

If you are interested in seeing a TX2000 live there are two other places you might want to visit: Costco (a members-only warehouse store, you can probably find someone with a card pretty easy) and Office Depot. I've seen the TX2000 at my local Costco and the TX1000 (very similiar, but minus active digitizer) at my local Office Depot.

I'm not sure about Bestbuy/Circuit City/etc. proximity to the strip. That is worth taking a look at Google Maps to find the closest ones.

7. eduardtee

I've read about Costco as well. I probably can't become a member, since I"m a tourist? Oh well, perhaps there's someone there that can help me out there...

I'll definitely use Google Maps to find out some more about stores near the strip. The thing is, I'm there for a small get together with some friends. We were planning on doing all sorts of activities and not hang around the strip all day and shop.
    So that's the reason why I'm looking for something very close to the strip, because I'd have to hop in-and-out the store to get it... I don't like to be a burden to the other guys I'm hanging out with, so....

I'm there from Thursday-night the 24th of April until Sunday. So hopefully I can squeeze some time in to go get it :)

8. r.andom

r.andom Pen Pal - Newbie

You'll be able to get to the Fry's and back with no problem if you take a cab and can find a couple of hours of free time, it's close by. If you are there with anyone who likes electronics (Home theatre, computers, movies, games, GPS's, just about anything) then you should take a group detour.

As for Costco, the membership I think is $35 for the year, I'm pretty sure Sam's offers a "guest pass" where you can buy items in the store with some small mark-up, costco might have the same system. It's worth checking their website.

9. eduardtee

Sounds good to me :) The other two guys are not such tech-lovers like me, but I might be able to convince 'em to tag along :)
    Are there any other stores near the Fry-store? It might help me convince them :)

10. guthrien

guthrien Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, there is a very large, brand new shopping center right next to Fry's. I believe it's called Town Center. Clothes, books, housewares, restaurants etc. Set up like a faux city. For a long time Fry's was hanging out there by itself, but it was still worth the trip.

I can also confirm that they typically carry that model of Fujitsu and that the Circuit City's in town carry the tx2000. I was shopping both recently too. You can check the stock and location of CC when you are in town online. There are many of them around, you shouldn't have much trouble.

Fry's is great no matter what you do, you should enjoy visiting it if you are in to tech warehouses!

Have a good trip.

Update - Fry's, BestBuy and Circuit City all carry the TX. I bought it at Fry's as they had a rebate and nice options. Plus their return policy is super easy. Very nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.