Tablet Screen Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by werdna167, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. werdna167

werdna167 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well i just got my Fujitsu T4220 today and it is quite nice, except that the screen picks up the stylus about 1" away from the screen. This gets horribly annoying and makes my notes almost impossible to write at a decent pace. I am wondering if it is the setting, or if i got a bad refurbished tablet. I altered a lot of the setting to be less sensitive but none seem to deal with how faraway from the screen the stylus is when it picks it up.

any help would be excellent.

Really hoping i dont have to send it back to get it fixed already...that would be a horrible way to start things off.

2. Complexis

Complexis Scribbler - Standard Member

No, that is normal, the T4220 has been in a way "updated" to better detect and pick up the stylus and writes differently based on angles. There is most likely a setting to be able to change it, but it is not because you have a refurbished tablet.

3. axsys

axsys Pen Pal - Newbie

you should be able to move the cursor around by hovering the pen above the screen about an inch away. but if it is registering the pen as writing, then something is wrong

4. werdna167

ya, it is registering then pen at about a inch away, and it is not the updated wacom drivers because it was doing this before I updated the drivers this evening to try and fix this. So i am wondering if i should send it back or what.

Does anyone know of a quick fix, Maybe just a new tip on the pen or even a new stylus to fix the problem. Cause i do love the look and feel of the T4220

5. werdna167

any idea where to fix this, cause i cant seem to find it anywhere in the tablet, unless it is some downloadable software from somewhere random.

6. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

A change of the stylus nib will not make a huge difference other than replacing the nib with a new one.

This one appears to be software-related, did you:

a.) install the Wacom Enhanced Graphics driver?
    b.) if installed, uninstall then re-install the Wacom driver?
    c.) Run Windows Update?
    d.) Run the Fujitsu Driver Update?

If you haven't loaded anything or have completed a migration of files on to your T4220, you could try a total system restore with the included recovery disks. However, this is to be a last resort if the above does not resolve your issue.

7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

We could rule out a faulty pen with another pen, but I think it's probably a software issue.

8. werdna167

alright, thanks guys ill give that a try when i get home from work today. I really hope it is a software related problem, or even a stylus problem (bought 2 extra ones). I was worried that it might be a bad screen

9. werdna167

could xp be the problem. you guys think it would be better with vista?

10. Anonymouse

Anonymouse A nondescript mouse

Hmm, my first thoughts are that the tip is stuck in the "pressed" position. I suppose if other pens are having the same problem, then that wouldn't be the case, but I would definitely check that out first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.