Tablet Prop?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Baka, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Baka

Baka Tablet Newbie

This may come as an unusual question but I was wondering if there are any methods (a dock, special hardware, etc.) to prop a tablet up.

To illustrate what the functionality I'm looking for, I did a quick google searching and found http://www.tabletpcreview.com/assets/3883.jpg

Obviously that prop is built into the slate but I was wondering if anyone happened to know a product that does that. Perhaps a laptop cooling pad that happens to be much thicker towards the back.

As I type on my T5010 right now, I'm using a box as my makeshift solution, and it makes viewing the tablet much easier than setting it down on a flat surface or holding in my arm for hours on end.

I even made a picture to show you guys XD. Obviously not very efficient. This isn't an indispensable aspect and I'll live without it, but it would be pretty useful. I'd much rather lug around a dock or pad in my backpack than pull out a retarded box wherever I went.

Also, just got this tablet 2 days ago. It is very sexy. :D

2. powowcow

powowcow Tablet PC Lover

3. Baka

Baka Tablet Newbie

Ooh, thanks for the reply :D.

This is pretty much exactly what I need. Should've done a more intensive search o_o.

The reviews have some complaints about it advertising a USB hub on amazon but not having one. I don't really need it, but just out of curiosity, does yours have one?

4. Upham

Upham Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know where you live, but if you happen to live near an IKEA, they have some super cheap ones. Like 4€ or maybe 5-6$.

It doesn't do anything but act as a stand, but it's nice for the price, even if it just is a shaped piece of thick pastic.
    It's called BRÄDA, or so says their website.

5. Baka

Baka Tablet Newbie

6. Fishface

Fishface Scribbler - Standard Member

If you like a higher viewing angle than the Ikea prop you can convert to tablet mode and use a table easel (~USD$10 from any art store), the nice thing is that this way you can go either portrait or landscape.

[​IMG]

Googling for "reading stand" will also get a variety of different prducts for holding up books.

7. powowcow

powowcow Tablet PC Lover

Mine did not come with the USB thingy. I didn't need it anyway. I love it though. It is very sturdy and comfortable to use.