Tablet Pen with TapletPc

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Aicent, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aicent

Aicent Pen Pal - Newbie

I am the happy owner of a new T731 fujitsu and I do really like the computer, but the pen is not as comfortable as my wacom intuos4 pen, does anyone know how to use the wacom intuos4 pen on the fujitsu screen ?

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

its not possible, it runs off different frequencies and has different data streams; you will need a Wacom pen made for a Tablet PC: the only real options are the Axiotron Studio Pen [Nationwide's web store has it for $30] but I much prefer the Motion Computing pen because it feels a bit better, and the button is better integrated [$34 from them or elsewhere]

Read here for a bit more info:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/wha...-graphic-designer-could-use-2.html#post276157

3. Aicent

Aicent Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for answering this, I was confused because i heard that wacom graphire pens worked with tablet pcs but I guess its a false rumour.Now I jsut have to figuire out the whole calibiration and pen drivers situation, I checked that forum but pretty much got lost, I want to get the most out of my tablet pc...maybe I'll call fujitsu or wacom.

4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Graphire/Bamboo pens never worked with Tablet PCs.

Also, DO NOT calibrate the screen. Leave it the hell alone. You will never get it "better" than how it comes installed. You can only ruin it. Tweak the pen's tip response all you want, but don't bother with trying to fine tune the calibration. I calibrated all day long on my R15 almost everyday. And then with my R25, T4215, 2730p, T730 and 2740p, I left it the hell alone after the OS install. It was just as good if not better than with calibrating all day long.

5. Aicent

Aicent Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok thank you for that, maybe the reason I'm having like a three inch offset in Photoshop and Paint tool sai is because I already tried to calibirate it X(. Agh , well thank you very much anyway.

6. Aicent

Aicent Pen Pal - Newbie

By the by , I have a nice little collection of nibs from my intuos pen and now some that came with my fujitsu. Would these fit in the Axiotron ?

7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

3 inch offset isn't due to bad calibration. It's a software bug. For instance, you might be running in wrong resolution for the screen (but I haven't seen that bug in years, and that was only for programs that didn't allow more than 1024x768 with pen displays, such as Painter 6).

As for Wacom nibs, they are all interchangeable since they all should have same diameter. Some might be shorter than others but AFAIK, they all have the same thickness.

8. Aicent

Aicent Pen Pal - Newbie

good ,I'm going to buy The axiotron now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.