Tablet pen connects letters and numbers if too close (Picture for example)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Catalystic37, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catalystic37

Catalystic37 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a problem which really makes me frustrated when trying to make notes for my class, the principle reason for purchasing the tablet PC. When I write in any program, particularly one note 2007, without writing the connecting line which connects the majority of characters, it just jumps a line in. Confused? check out my picture as a reference. Look at the equals sign also.

Click on this image
    Example.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My laptop is a Fujitsu T4310 running Windows 7 Home Premium. The problem occurs when using my tablet pen, but also when I use my finger.

2. qhorque

qhorque Scribbler - Standard Member

Write a bit bigger and lift the pen a bit higher while moving right?

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

nothing serious. It should be easy to repair.

It's the double click distance in the Wacom pen settings. So just open the Wacom properties and change the "Double Click Distance" to the middle value.
    This should do the trick, hopefully.

4. Catalystic37

Catalystic37 Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried this method and still it did nothing to affect the connecting lines within and between letters. I also tried to look for other options in onenote, and the control panel.

Would you have any other suggestions?

5. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What pen drivers have you installed? Wacom, Fujitsu, Windows?
    Try removing the Wacom and/or Fujitsu driver, reboot Win 7, check if it's the same, then reinstall them, reboot and recheck.

PS: In the control panel, in the Windows pen settings (there you can also define your pen flicks) is an option for double click distance, too, alter this and test it again.

6. scjaconski

scjaconski Pen Pal - Newbie

i have the exact same problem with with Wacom Bamboo tablet. I have tried both posted remedies to no avail, it's getting extremely frustrating. A solution would be extremely helpful.

I also run windows 7 if that's of any consequence.

7. adjflk

adjflk Pen Pal - Newbie

Where you ever able to find a fix for the problem? I've tried just about everything here and I'm still having the problems.

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

It could also be the pen. My axiotron pen (R.I.P) started doing that and I was seeing it still drawing little tails after I lifted the pen barely off the screen, but when I switched to my stock Fujitsu pen it wouldn't do it. Try switching pens, OR go and try small turns of the screws under the switch to see if micro adjustments change anything. I have been meaning to try that with my Axiotron before I give up on it, but I haven't done it yet.

9. nofolojts

nofolojts Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, I know this is an ancient thread, but its actually harder to find solutions online than it should be for something like this, and I wanted to give this thread some credit so people wouldn't give up on it. What the problem was in my case was a nice bit of PEBKAC.
    upload_2016-10-4_18-50-45.png

upload_2016-10-4_18-55-21.png

siddhartth likes this.
  10. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

Definitely make sure Pen Flicks is OFF in Windows Tablet settings- it can cause all kinds of unexpected and unwanted behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.