Tablet PC / Tech News - Motion LE1600 Video Review, Drain Your Bank Account for Vista Ultimate, Apple Loses in California Appeals Court Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by -, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. nfwolfpryde

nfwolfpryde Scribbler - Standard Member

In regards to Office & Vista pricing:

Don't forget, Office "Ultimate" includes stuff like Visio, Publisher, and some other tools you and I don't use often. And, in Home Premium of Vista, it's going to INCLUDE Word, PowerPoint, & Excel. Plus, right now, XP costs $300 at retail ($150 OEM), so its not TERRIBLY off, especially if it includes Office '07.

3. Polar

Polar Pen Pal - Newbie

I wouldnt need Office Ultimate either. Seems very much like overkill. I like to purchase only what i need and thats Word, Excel and PP.

4. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

The whole price thing is just awesome - you can either buy a new core duo notebook from dell or get office 2007. Thats a bit too crazy, and the pirate powers to be are going to be in a frenzy attempting to beat whatever activations and keys that microsoft can throw at them. I say - hats off - to both gates and the crackers.

5. nfwolfpryde

nfwolfpryde Scribbler - Standard Member

Personally, I think that speaks to drastically less expensive hardware than drastically more expensive software (though, it is a bit more). And again, even the current generation of Office is that much for the similar version.

I'm not a Micro$oft fanboy, but I do appreciate the fact that hardware has gotten rediculously cheap over the last couple of years and laptops from Dell are a key example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.