Tablet PC Reviews. Let's do CES 2017 right. Help me help you.

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Shogmaster, Oct 30, 2016.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

A 27QHD for $1500??? Well, yes that kind of deal I would jump on too!

With my T902 getting long in the tooth and me not working outside home or office as much as I used to, I am starting to find the idea of a Surface studio or desktop cintiq setup at home more attractive. especialy since I have grown used to all the screen space on my cintiq 22HD at work.

Paying Dell for older cintiq hardware in a all in one (provided it was powerful enough) would be a great option for me at home.

2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hehe, well that's $1500 USD, and it would be the non-touch version.

That price is actually not so far fetched, I mean our resident bargain-hunter @thatcomicsguy posted some 27QHDs going for $1750 recently. So $1500 could on the horizon pretty soon...

But overall, I am hearing you are basically in the market for an EMR Surface Studio.

Wacom, just license that screen from MS and build an DTK digitizer for it already! :p

stoneseeker and thatcomicsguy like this.
  3. Marty

Given this discussion, I just had to post this: apparently we are not the only ones worried about the fate of Wacom:

Brad Colbow, whom many of us follow and love (but probably wouldn't consider a hardcore "expert" on pen tech) made a video essentially stating the same points we've covered: focus on QA, better-branding, etc.

If even mainstream reviewers are piping up, I wonder if Wacom is finally going start engaging the community more about its future designs and direction.

(Ah, who am I kidding...it'll probably be stoic Wacom to the bitter end. :p)

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

A Wacom PR rep comments below his video and offers to have a phone call/start a dialogue more about his suggestions which was pretty cool.

5. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Out of interest can anyone post for people like me who are never going to aspire to paying $2-3000 (£2500+) for a Cintiq - what recommendations they have right now for an alternate & good 22inch to 27 inch drawing screen?
    I wondered about starting a non-Wacom thread about this in the Artists section because I am sure there will be others like me who are prepared to work with slightly older tech for a quarter of the price of the latest if not greatest in large drawing displays.

**************EDIT**************

Found this thread and reading through right now.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/wacom-cintiq-alternatives-a-closer-look.46796/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  6. Marty

Haha, well I'm probably not the best person to ask, since I actually did spend $2000 for my Cintiq, lol.

There is a thread on Cintiq alternatives where a lot of options are presented.

I personally am just impressed with the precision of UC Logic boards:

With that level of performance and a bit a tinkering, I'm sure I could replace my Cintiq setup.

Btw, if anyone has tried the latest Monoprice pen display, please let me know if you get the level of precision shown in the video.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  7. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

[​IMG] A picture worth 1k words

sonichedgehog360 likes this.