Tablet PC Planner/ Calendar

Discussion in 'Software' started by kautilya, Oct 6, 2007.

1. kautilya

kautilya Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone use a planner or a calendar that helps you ink in your own handwriting? I am currently looking at either the Franklin Covey Plan Plus for Vista or using a template on One Note. Both are different...and Plan Plus definitely has some good features, but I want to hear from someone that has already used this.

Also... does Outlook 2007 let you ink in the calendar area?

Thanks!

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. Grinner

Grinner Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting links. Any idea on how to run the One often calendar natively (without internet connection) ?

4. kautilya

Thanks Frank. I will give TEO a thought...seems good...but considering that TEO costs $50 and Plan Plus can be purchased for $65 with a lot more options...its a tough choice. I would prefer a standalone calendar without me having to open Outlook everytime. I dont use it for email, so doesnt make a whole deal of sense to use just the calendar feature if I can find the same elsewhere....

Oh, the One Note calendar is cool. Unfortunately it does not help me scribble stuff. I am looking for something like a sticky calendar...where each day is like a post it note and I can scribble all the 'To-Do's' each day...not save each one as a separate note file.

5. tlewis

tlewis Scribbler - Standard Member

6. macnmotion

macnmotion Pen Pal - Newbie

Will tablet calendar work with Vista?

7. tlewis

tlewis Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know - I'm one of those XP cranks (Vista made too many essential apps and drivers sick). The site (which doesn't seem to get much maintenance) doesnt mention it. But in the time it has taken us to write and read these posts, you can download it and start to play with the 15 day trial. It's a swell app - not fancy - very focused.
    T

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

.... and for the period of October, Tablet Calendar has a special deal of $24.95
    Which is 40% off the regular price of $39.95

9. kautilya

Thanks tlewis. It does seem to work in Vista...though I cant seem to maximise the application window. It stays its original size...about half the screen....I might use up the trial period and buy it if I dont encounter any problems. :)

10. macnmotion

macnmotion Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have my tablet yet, so no Vista to try it on yet. But good advice, I can do that when my tablet comes. macnmotion

11. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Is there anything new to try out? Tablet calendar looks interesting, and they're still offering it at $24.95.

12. Grinner

Grinner Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, I've been looking for a good calendar solution that let's me synchronize my calendar with my main PC without too much hassle. Something maybe that's server based (but definitely with an offline mode!).
    Any ideas?
    Outlook needs an exchange server which is sort of annoying to set up and kind of overkill...

13. nevarDeath

nevarDeath Phone Expert