Tablet PC Input Panel

Discussion in 'Windows Vista OS' started by SuperNova153, Apr 26, 2010.

1. SuperNova153

SuperNova153 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, using the HP Pavilion tx2500z CTO Entertainment Notebook PC.

I am having problems troubleshooting my Tablet PC Input Panel function. It will load when windows starts, but the input section on the the On-Screen Keyboard, Character Pad, and Writing Pad are all black screens. It will not allow me to write anything in the space provided. The buttons on the right in blue work perfectly fine, but I cannot use the handwriting recognition function.

I use Microsoft Powerpoint, and while drawing on slide shows the stylus works well, so I doubt that is the problem.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this??

Here are some screen shots of the problem

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Has it ever worked for you?

If it just recently started doing this you might try uninstalling then reinstalling the Windows TabletPc component

3. SuperNova153

I just want to make sure I don't do anything foolish.
    How might I go about uninstalling and reinstalling the Tablet component while ensuring that I don't lose it permanently?

The file which opens the Tablet PC Input panel is named "TabTip.exe". I understand that I could simply delete the program in safe mode or otherwise, but I wouldn't be able to get it back.

If I uninstall the "Tablet" program in add/remove, how will I be able to reinstall it? There is no option to repair, my only options are to change and uninstall (when I click the change option, a screen pops up asking me if I want to remove my preference file)

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, usually I just uninstall the program, and then reinstall a new file I download online. (I couldn't find a TabTip.exe download site anywhere)

Thanks for the help!

4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can go to Windows Features and uncheck the Tablet features to remove the feature then go back and check the Tablet features to add them back.

5. SuperNova153

Ok, I tried a number of different things. I re-installed the driver (Wacom Digitizer Driver) from windows: HP Pavilion tx2500 Entertainment Notebook PC series- Wacom Digitizer Driver - HP Business Support Center

That slightly helped the problem, it wasn't a black screen anymore. Everything seems to look normal now, and the On-Screen Keyboard works grear, but when I write in the input panel, my ink shows up, then disappears, and the program shuts down. Sometimes it will recognize my writing as some sort of crazy symbols I don't recognize. After it shuts down, the TIP will automatically reload, and when I put my cursor over the character pad or writing pad tabs, the message "The writing pad is not available for the input language you have selected".

Trying to troubleshoot this new problem, I found a site that explained my same problem, and recommended:

"I also had the same problem. I had English Canada set up as my default
    language. I added English US and also added Tablet PC Text Insertion to the
    Advanced Text Services. After re-opening the writing pad, all 3 options were
    noe available.
    To do this:
    Open Control Panel, Regional and Language Options.
    In the Languagers tab choose Details.
    Add English US.
    Click on the More Text Services box, and from the drop-down choose Tablet PC
    Text Insertion.
    Restart the Tablet PC Input Panel and away you go...

Alan"

I would try this, but I get to the Regional and Languages Options, but all I have is a "Keyboards and Languages" tab, which doesn't contain a "Details" option. Mine has a "Change Keyboards" option, and under that I do have English (United States) chosen, and I added the English(US)-Other-Ink Correction Service, but it does not fix my problem. I have no other options in the Installed Services box that has to do with the tablet function.

I feel like I made a little progression, but the TIP is still not functioning properly. This problem is driving me crazy!

To answer your previous question, yes the TIP had worked properly at one time, but I'm not sure when it started acting up.

6. gnbrlnk

gnbrlnk Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    The Window of the Input Panel is unique in several ways. It is always on top near where the text input is required allowing users to input text and send keystrokes to their applications at any time. Window of the Input Panel never takes focus even when open so all output from Input Panel goes directly to the expected destination.