Tablet PC for lecturers

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by leaftye, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theo

Theo Pen Pal - Newbie

Could you please advise which tablet pc is better for a lecturer to use in class to do his lectures?

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

What's your style of lecturing?

3. dmlerner

dmlerner Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm biased (or you could say informed) by owning a T2010, but I think it'd be great. It's light (<4 lbs with the larger battery) and gets a realistic 5 hrs minimum battery life and 8 easily if you're not using it intensively. Pricey though. I'm a student and I love it for note taking and don't mind carrying it around at all.

Edit: if you need to run powerful programs regularly (eg photoshop, video editing, large amounts of data processing, etc), this is not your machine. It also lacks an optical drive to save weight, but I do not find that to be problematic in the age of flash.

4. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Oh yeah, if you can't figure out what your requirements are, then you essentially have two choices. The tx2500 gets you into a tabletpc for the lowest cost, which will save you money to buy another tablet when you figure out what you really want. Or...you could buy a decked out Fujitsu T5010 and have the most powerful tablet on the market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.