Tablet or convertible pc with pen and windows

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by brunoosti, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brunoosti

brunoosti Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello!
    today i've done some research on a tablet or convertible PC that would handle windows. But it seams i can't find what i'm looking for. In general tablets are too small or they operate trough apps.. witch is no very practical.
    Also, I have all of my notes in onenote, and couldn't find any way to export them to other software formats, making my notes still editable.

So, that is what i need:
    -A 12inch or bigger screen;
    -A windows based tablet/convertible PC;
    -That runs onenote or something similar that can import from onenote;
    -that supports a precision pen, because i'll be drawing and righting tons of stuff.

Any suggestions?! I own a gateway c 140-x, but it's getting old and it always been a little heavy to carry : (.
    I've seen the ASUS EP121 but the battery lasts only 4 hours.. i'm looking for something in that direction. What you guys could suggest??
    Thank you very much!

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I think Lenovo X230t and Fujitsu T732 is 12.5". Their are a few bigger ones, more options if you don't mind Ntrig pens vs. Wacom. Taichi 13, Duo 13, T902, ATIV Q

4. brunoosti

what about the acer aspire r7? I couldn't find a review of it using a pen.. does it support a precision pen??

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I think not.

6. brunoosti

the ATIV Q seems promising. Not very big but not very small. Not heavy. Great pen. 2 OSs. hum... any idea of price??

7. CPA

CPA Pen Pal - Newbie

Onenote is now on Android and IOS

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

ATIV Q is a horrible horrible mix of specs and marketing.

That resolution will guarantee that it will behave slower than other ULV Core i5 tablets, the tiny area that the mobo is stuck in is probably an overheating scenario ready to go, the 4GB of max RAM is atrocity for Q4 2013 (at least keep up with new GD videogame consoles!), the retina res will wreck havoc with legacy apps and Wacom pen for usability (CAN'T CLICK ON F'N TINY BUTTON!), and surely they will rape on the cost because of said Retina display...

Triumph of marketing over usability and practicality.

OneNote for iOS and Android have ink capability? I think not.

9. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Looking at the update notes, looks like the version released this month allows you to view ink, but still not write using ink. Details are rather scarce right now, but the MS Blog only states view ink, nothing about writing with a stylus. Given how very little models with a digitizer are available with Android (The Note 10.1 and Note 8 are the only ones I know of) and with iOS (nothing), I doubt that will get added, not cost effective.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  10. brunoosti

Woha! : p
    On the "hands on" videos it looks so smooth. Though I agree the resolution is a bit too far for touch, but you have to keep in mind that buttons size may not depend on resolution, as the programmers can provide "bigger" interfaces, where resolution would mean better picture. But in general (for many softwares) it means "more space" as buttons and everything on screen becomes smaller. That "welcome screen" on win8 behaves the first way, doesn't it? The icons are always the same size on screen, independent of the resolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.