Tablet Latop Options

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Graeth, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately I know w10 doesnt. Again, less than 10% of the population so why would they bother.

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Acht. You wrote that in a way which can be understood in two totally different ways. Doesn't what? Exist, (it does; I'm looking at it right now), or help to fix the issues which come up for Lefties?

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think the video gives away the problem in two ways when he demonstrates the issue he's talking about. Firstly he compares writing/drawing with an EMR device and then an Active Pen (AES) device unless it's a much older Lenovo 14 that may have originally been EMR.
    Then - we don't see his oft-mentioned partner drawing/scribbling so I can't tell if he/she is right or left handed so I am guessing the Windows 10 stylus handedness settings weren't changed between partner drawing/scribbling on the tablet and him drawing/scribbling on the tablet.

It could be a hugely expensive experiment to buy a Concept D7 Ezel to test - but if the reviewer still has it, could you ask him whether he changed his Windows stylus handedness settings at any time? Palm rejection is a tricky thing but the EMR used on your T901/902 is by the same manufacturer as on the Concept D and the only thing I can think is that it's a Windows setting.

I'm asking because there are plenty of comments by Acer owners in his video stating they don't have a problem and the device works for them. Also - maybe as I originally suggested, post in the Acer forum on this website on one of the Concept D threads and maybe an owner will respond and test left-handedness settings for you.

As it is - your primary case is power and the Acers are the only current computers which will give you what you want. Your alternative is to buy a powerful desktop and a Cintiq but that doesn't give you mobility.

thatcomicsguy and daddyfish like this.
  4. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

I have, never gotten anything back on the acer forums. And some of the reviews the guy did reply to that he did change it, think he just sotpped after the first dozen.
    And yes I know its the same maker as the t902 but as I mentioned things can change between models regardless of being under the same maker.

I already have a cintiq (older one) but you're right that it may just be worth an expensive test....not that any of them are in stock at the moment.

I don't feel that would work. I have a w10 based dell tablet at work thats a bad experience--granted that could be just because its a different manufacturer but Im not willing to bet on w10 being able to fix the whole issue.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  5. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

He must have replied elsewhere as I just sat with my morning cup of coffee and read all the replies on his video and I didn't see him mention anything about changing his Windows settings. There are several comments by others advising him to change his settings and one even mentions device manager.

One user - "Adam Koubek" writes "wow 05:38 nonsense. I'm a lefty! and an artist! and it works fine. How can you actually think that "the hand you hold the pen in makes a difference" lol, let alone say it, let alone record and edit it. This review is so ill-informed"

It's underneath his other comment about how "most artists don't draw like hyperactive gorillas" - I personally haven't seen many reviewers bend the screen over the way this review does. Probably why I am sceptical about the review itself.

Finally, the Wacom tech in there is the same as my zBook and I did some left handed drawing with full touch and pen enabled. It uses the same Wacom tech, the zbook stylus works just as well on the Concept D as it does on the zBook and had no issues whatsoever.

If you click on the name "Adam Koubek" on your linked video, you get taken to his Youtube channel and you could ask him directly on the discussion tab? He posted responses to quite a few questions on the video so I guess he would respond directly to your questions.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

, yeah I found that comment hilarisch, he really does jab that screen at 04:06.

It seems this comment sums it up pretty well:

Lilawyn and doobiedoobiedum like this.
  7. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree, I would never draw on anything but the standard 180 style flat fold. I have never been in a position where any of their 4-5 other screen positions would be of use.

8. Lilawyn

Lilawyn Pen Pal - Newbie

I just watched this review, and felt unexpectedly called out about how forcefully he jabs the screen with his pen. xD

I do this too! (Am also a professional artist) ...Except I can only do this on my Surface Studio 2 when I'm also steadying the screen with my hand. Forceful drawing is the last thing you should be doing to laptop hinges. I do wish I could draw in tent mode, but it's also fine if those modes can't actually stand up to the pressure I might exert on it.

daddyfish likes this.
  9. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

, fyi, I just saw this review of an artist of the ConceptD 3 ezel and he mentions the hinge is actually quite sturdy compared to 2-1 laptop hinges when you put the screen in draw mode (/placing it in front of the keyboard). The ConceptD 3 is basically the budget version of the ConceptD 7 with cheaper screen (not EMR) but build quality is the same.

Lilawyn likes this.
  10. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

All UD EMR devices pretty much behaves the same with same drivers. No reason why D7 will behave any worse than Samsung S pen devices.