Tablet Input Panel auto-space issue

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by pwnsweet, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwnsweet

pwnsweet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

I've had my tablet for about 5 months now and I find myself using the Tablet Input Panel to handwrite stuff while in tablet mode less and less. The reason is because I've found that under certain situations it'll automatically insert a spacing before inserting words.

For example:
    If I come to this forum and start a new post (while in tablet mode) I'll open the tablet input panel and start handwriting something. Everything I write will get translated into text and be displayed. All is good. However if, before I submit my post, I notice I'm missing a word in what I've written and I want to go back and insert that word, I'll navigate to that spot with my digitizer and then open the tablet input panel and write the word and insert it. Here is where I always encounter the auto-space issue. Instead of inserting the word where my blinking vertical cursor is, it automatically puts a space and then inserts the word, resulting in a double space between the previous word and the inserted word. This is incredibly frustrating.

This is what happens when I write an email because of auto-space:

Hi John,<Enter>

<space>Body of email goes here.<Enter>

<space>Regards,<Enter>
    <space>Robert

This is how it should be:

Hi John,<Enter>

Body of email goes here.<Enter>

Regards,<Enter>
    Robert

Does anybody else have this problem? Does anybody know of a way to disable this auto-space 'feature'?

2. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

3. pwnsweet

pwnsweet Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks very much for alerting me to that! I searched for a bit but didn't know what to search for.

4. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

Pleasure! (The heading of the other thread is not very search-friendly, actually we need your heading over there!) :)

5. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

There's also a thread on the TM2 forum about this bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.