Tablet for drawing webcomics - please help!

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Cornelius Bubba, Mar 29, 2013.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Kijiji rocks, cause you don't even need to pay shipping/fees!
    Talk 'em down to $500 for the S7S, and make sure to double check for screen lift before purchasing! the S7S is a great little unit.

2. Cornelius Bubba

Cornelius Bubba Pen Pal - Newbie

I saw someone selling a 64GB Samsung Series 7 Slate for $200 on eBay, but they asked for interac e-transfer only and no PayPal. I got really excited at first since it was a great price, but they only had the device on sale for less than a day. Nobody bid on it, and they posted again with the same ad, but different user name and location. Both times, the username was listed as a new seller and they said they wanted payment before the device was shipped. I don't think I'm going for it because it seems too good to be true.

I saved some searches for the T900, T901 and T5010. If I am too impatient I may go for a T5010 for $180, but we'll see!

If anyone finds a S7S for $500 or less, please let me know! Thanks :)

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

yep, stay away from that BS. Def always use paypal.
    I've had a purchase re-imbursed through paypal before. Myself and a bunch of others got a good deal on a pile of T901's from a user with a history of selling clothes. Obviously I never got the unit. Took a while, but I got all my funds back too.

Hope you find something awesome soon. I think it would pay to be patient for a T901 in your prices range, as it would be a noticeable improvement on the others.

4. Cornelius Bubba

Cornelius Bubba Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I ended up getting a pretty good deal on two Fujitsu Lifebook T5010's with the dual battery option, with Windows 8 Pro. I got one for my dad as well so at the very least I'll try it out. There was a T902 on eBay recently but I didn't win the bid, but hopefully it went to an artist who really needed it!

I'm setting up my T5010 with Adobe Illustrator right now. There seems to be some issues with the calligraphic pen brush settings being grayed out, so I can't choose it. I'll post about this in the relevant forum section.

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to all of you who helped me decide what to get! I'm sure I will get a slate down the line after saving up for it so I can use it for my work as well as drawing, but for now I don't mind using the T5010 exclusively for drawing.

Thanks again!