Tablet "equivalent" to the ST5112 WITHOUT digitizer?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by nerys, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerys

nerys Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a tablet fujitsu or otherwise equivalent in specs to the ST5112

ie SLATE XGA dual core that DOES NOT require a stinking digitizer pen? I am so sick and tired of the stinking pen its driving me NUTS.

I JUST dropped the damned pen into a crevice in my room. its going to LITERALLY take me the next WEEK (no joke) to move enough furniture so I can MOVE the bed enough to LIFT a chunk of the floor to get this damned pen back and until then its a freaking paperweight unless I connect a mouse to it.

I REALLY REALLY hate the digitizer. I want one where I can use ANY stylus including my FINGER.

Suggestions?

Looking for 10-12 inch screen minimum xga minimum dual core with hard buttons preferred for under $400 that is a SLATE not a convertible.

2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well... I don't personally know of ONE slate machine with a dual core, other than the Asus EP121.

P.s. You can attach the pen to the Fujitsui via cord if you like :)

3. nerys

nerys Pen Pal - Newbie

I know but have not gotten around to that yet. I ordered some kevlar to do that (the tethers I have now are too short) alas go figure has not come in yet.

if would probably literally be faster to order another one if I could find/afford it than to fig this one out. man I hate digitizers.

the 5112 is also dual core.

is there a reasonably affordable way to get more of these pens?

4. Manyak

Manyak Scribbler - Standard Member

Look on ebay for axiotron pens. Or any other wacom pen who's model number begins with "U".

5. nerys

nerys Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok found one cheap but it specifically says will NOT work with wacom

Axiotron Digitizer Pen with replacement Nibs is compatible with all Modbooks and any Tablet PC (Wacom name brand tablets require special pens, these will not work).

so will this work or not? or do the axiotron pens also have to have a U ?

or will this work with wacom digitizer tablets but not wacom PADS for the computer?

6. Manyak

Manyak Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes the axiotron one will work. Also look here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. nerys

nerys Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah found 3 axiotron pens for $25 shipped on ebay :)

8. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Personally, I wouldn't want a tablet computer without Wacom, N-trig, or a comparable active pen digitizer. They're tools to replace pen and paper, and we usually don't write or draw on paper with our fingers.

But having to use the pen for everything does get annoying at times...that's why the dual digitizer tablets are so nice. Don't need the pen for basic navigation, but it's there when you actually need to write or draw something. Too bad they don't come cheap, especially in slate form.

9. qhorque

qhorque Scribbler - Standard Member

I have to say that using my finger on my Droid X really makes me wish for a similar screen on my ST5112 where I CONSTANTLY try my finger before realizing I need the pen! It's hilarious and I know what Nerys means....

10. nerys

nerys Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah dual purpose would be nice! the precision of pen when you need it the convenience of finger when it will be good enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.