Tablet Case

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ViPaDawG, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. {NOC}MONK

{NOC}MONK Pen Pal - Newbie

Gautam,

Thanks I think that is exactly what I need. I can now use my existing bags without worring about loose stuff damaging my tablet.

2. cyano

cyano Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree that ZeroShock is superb. If the size fits yours, I would strongly recommend. However, I also have to point out that I got one but it's only sitting on my shelf. There's just one problem, it uses steel wireframe; i.e. the size is fixed and cannot be stretched or compressed. If it fits your tablet/notebook then it's perfect; otherwise, hum... I did an experiment trying to tailor it for my tablet which just off by less than 1/4 inch. Of course, the result is I just deformed the frame but still can't fit my tablet, that's why it's sitting on the shelf.

By the way, I found many notebook backpacks, except LowePro, do not have any rain/splash protection. All my ordinary non-notebook backpacks do have water resistance and fire retardant features, etc. Sometimes I think using a feature riched ordinary backpack with a slipcase is quite a good combination.

3. Lbgrowl

Lbgrowl Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got back from bestbuy with a pretty tough Neoprene slipcase on sale for $9.99...its probably like the Geo Metro of slipcases, but paired with my jansport backpack I think it should do just fine.

4. jritter

jritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like you have an r25?

I just picked this up at BestBuy for my M7 for $9.99. Its called the Init slip case for 15.4". it is a tight comfy fit and i am working on a way to tweak it so it slips over the base better (like the Compaq TC1100's had). That will give me access to the tablet with out the slip cover falling off. will keep you posted

its thinner and less expensive than the targus slip cover and the zipper on the init goes around 3 of the 4 sides

Keep in mind you should buy a case based on the size of the digitizer glass not the screen size. the m7/r25 says 14" screen but with digitzer bezel it is actually 15.4" laptop chassis

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. haryo

haryo Pen Pal - Newbie

Jritter, do you think the $9.99 Best Buy case would fit my machine? Its dimensions are 14.25" x 11.5" x 1.8". If yours is tight , I'm thinking mine would be too tight. I'm in the UK, but can order one on line for my return to the US in a couple of weeks. Thanks

6. JulianBarter

JulianBarter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi ViPaDawG!

If you loomking for buy a case for your teblet you must visit us. we have a large variety of cases and stylish covers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. wizardcomrc

wizardcomrc Pen Pal - Newbie

I use the Somersault sling pack and I love it. It has a ton of features. you should be able to find it on a google search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.