Tablet buttons not working on T902 after Windows 8 upgrade

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by kabimaus, Dec 17, 2012.

1. kabimaus

kabimaus Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, my last hope is contacting FJ-support then... although frankly I don't expect any helpful information from them.
    (BTW it's in fact EU)

2. kabimaus

As expected, Fujitsu Support wasnt very helpful.
    But after hours of trying I managed to resolve the problem myself :D:D:D here's how (Fujitsu Deskupdate has to be installed):

1 Remove Button Driver via Device Manager
    2 Remove FUJ02E3/FUJ02B1 via Device Manager
    3 Uninstall Fujitsu System Extension Utility via Add/Remove Programs
    4 Delete FjBtnDrv.sys and FUJ02*.sys from WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\
    5 Reboot
    6 Now in Device Manager there have to be 3 unknown devices!
    7 Use this command in admin(!) shell to reinstall all required drivers:

cd Program Files(x86)\Fujitsu\DeskUpdate
    ducmd.exe /WEB /PACK:1086583,1085869,1075328,1075445,1075455,1075456
    8 Reboot

These are the packages that will be reinstalled
    1086583 Tablet PC Digitizer
    1085869 Fujitsu System Manager
    1075328 Table Buton Driver
    1075445 Fujitsu System Extension Utility
    1075455 FUJ02E3
    1075456 FUJ02B1

3. mihmb

mihmb Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for your instructions. I removed/delete Programs as you recommended. But now: How I use the described path to get the packages? (Probably a beginners question).

4. kabimaus

You have to start the command prompt with administrator rights. There are many ways:
    One way is to right click into the lower left corner and directly select "command prompt(Admin)"
    Another way is like described in here.
    If you have a startmenu button installed (like StartIsBack) you can go to Accessoires and start it there with a right click and selecting "as admin".

Once in the command shell you can type in the commands...

ALTERNATIVELY,instead of using the command shell you can use the graphical Deskupgrade tool and select the listed packages in order to have them installed. Haven't tried this but in principle it should yield the same results.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Phoebe Z

Phoebe Z Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, where exactly are you finding version 5.0.801.2012? all I can find on the fujitsu site is 4.2.0827.20 anyone know where I can find it? I just upgraded to windows 10 after having a lot of problems with 7 and it's working great except the "tablet buttons are not installed on this computer"
    Fujitsu supposedly doesn't support 10 for my machine but when I installed it found quite a lot of the drivers for me (including wifi which made the whole process so much easier). The touch screen still wasn't working (it did find the pen drivers) so I went and tried some of the windows 7 64 bit drivers and after some tinkering everything but the buttons work. which is great because this machine never worked quite right. This is the T900 not 902 but I was looking at the drivers and most of them are the same. Any ideas would be much appreciated, it would be nice to be able to change orientation without going into the settings. Thanks!