Tablet buttons not working on T902 after Windows 8 upgrade

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by kabimaus, Dec 17, 2012.

1. kabimaus

kabimaus Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anybody gotten the T902 tablet buttons to work in Windows 8?
    I know that this was in fact already a tricky issue in Win7...

I upgraded my T902 from Win7 to Win8 Pro (64bit) . In general it went through really well.
    After the upgrade was finished everything worked EXCEPT the touchscreen (only the touch
    part of it, the pen worked) and the tablet buttons (none of them works).

Unlike the touchscreen, I could not get the buttons to work. In the state right after the upgrade the
    button tab in Tablet Settings was still there, although the buttons were not responding. So I removed
    the "Fujitsu Button Drivers" and installed the new Win8 drivers, but now the tab is gone altogether.
    The button device appears in the device manager and is OK, still I cannot get it to work or even the tab to reappear. :(

BTW: I got the touchscreen to work again (by simply rolling back to Microsoft driver) and I also realized
    that Win8 provides native support for the Wacom digitizer, so I was able to fully uninstal the Pen Tablet
    software (Pen still working). There's even native support for the G-sensor so "Shock Sensor Driver" and
    "Autorotation Utility" had to go as well (screen still rotates) just as had "Display Manager", it does no longer
    seem to be required.

Thanks for your help!

2. cbeater

cbeater Pen Pal - Newbie

any differences in pen performance from win7 to win8's native drivers?

3. kabimaus

I think it's a little faster. But what's certain is that the driver now doesn't have the weird memory issue anymore...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. kabimaus

I think it's slightly more responsive. But it definitely does not have the weird memory issue that the original driver had...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

I had Windows 8 installed as dual boot by the dealer where I bought the T902 (a "Fujitsu Service Partner"), the button panel works fine, I haven't tried to unlock the remaining buttons beyond A and B for reprogramming yet (did so on the Windows 7 side), but the default functions all seem to be doing what they are supposed to. Delivery of the T902 took two days longer than initially planned because they ran into a lot of problems installing Windows 8 (mainly regarding touch and pen), but apparently they got it figured out in the end. However, I don't know how they solved it, so if there are any drivers/settings which you want me to check to see which ones I've got running, give a shout.

6. kabimaus

Yeah, I remember that. When I got the T902 with Win7, it was preinstalled and the buttons were working fine. To get rid of all the bloatware I did a fresh reinstall and it took me days to try to get the buttons working, without success. The only way to get them to work was using the Deskupdate-Tool and have the COMPLETE set of drivers be installed automatically . But that's something I dont want to do with Win8 because there are clearly some issues with Deskupdate on Win8 (i.e. it wants to install drivers that are already present). I mean, there's got to be a way to install the buttons manually, right? What is the version of your driver as it appears in the device manager (Human Interface Device, Fujitsu Button Device) ?

7. SpiralMagus

SpiralMagus Pen Pal - Newbie

I did a clean install of Windows 8 a little while back and installed the 5.0.0801.2012 version of the Fujitsu Button Device Driver and it seems to be working. The only odd thing is if I'm in the tiled Windows 8 Start screen, hitting the A and B buttons won't seem to do anything until I look at the desktop view, where it opened the programs.

8. kabimaus

Thats the version I'm using :( Did you install it manually (i.e. after downloading it from Fujitsu-website or via Deskupdater?

9. SpiralMagus

SpiralMagus Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed everything manually (took forever) from the Fujitsu support site here: Fujitsu America - Support

I didn't even know about DeskUpdate - the only similar thing I saw on the download site was the Fujitsu Software Download Manager which was not useful for me.

After googling it I see where DeskUpdate is offered (Technical Support pages from Fujitsu) - I hadn't even seen this support site before. Is this for the European market? (I'm in the US)

10. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

I also have no. 5.0.801.2012.