tablet as photo album

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by butterflies, Mar 2, 2011.

1. butterflies

butterflies Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    I have been made exited by my brother in law with an ipad. I especially like the browsing through a photo archive and it large screen. But when I wanted to upload a few jpegs of myself to see how they will look like the ipad didn't accept them. They are just simple jpeg's. Then when Itried to upload some HD footage, the ipad said no again. I was also a bit diaappointed in display quality, which seems to show a bit of washed out colors.

I want to buy a tablet for my wifes birthday. It will be only used as a photo album. Not for internet. It would be nice if it reads cards and also HD footage. Display quality should be at least ipad level. Size preferably ipad size.
    What will be be my best choise?
    Thanks,
    Rob

2. butterflies

butterflies Pen Pal - Newbie

Am I asking strange things? I have been doing a day research on the web, but it is impossible to make a choise from so many possibilities of which you don't know that they are any good. I can read the specs, and rarely a review. And reviews can be good and bad about the same product. I come to this forum because I think I can trust the members, so pleas help me choosing a tablet which I really only want to to browse through a photo archive, which means good quality picture and reasonable size. The size I can see from the specs, but the quality of how it shows images I can only rely on users, such as on this forum.
    Thanks,
    Rob

3. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I'm sorry, but I'm using my tablet more for art and other thIngs that require more power. I font know much about what you are asking for. It's more of a consumer product. Though actually, I'd be interested to hear from others as well. What you are asking for is what a log of normal people wouldwant froma slate.

I suppose it would need some sort of USB port for you to move the pictures over. Are you just viewing them? Is it the lack lack of a USB port on the iPad that was bothering you? Re: screen quality- I've never really used an iPad, but I thought the screen was supposed to hd one of it's selling points.

Perhaps you need some sort of google or windows based slate? Perhaps others can help more.