Table pc for programming

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by banci, Nov 23, 2013.

1. banci

banci Pen Pal - Newbie

General Questions.

1. What is your budget? 1000 $

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished? No , nein , non! Never!!!!

3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible? Well.... errr... I would prefer a Notebook convertible

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?

5 to7-inches
    7.1 to 10-inches
    10 to 13-inches <--- This one
    Above 13-inches

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]? I live in the Hungary.

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes? No

7. How many hours battery life do you require? 10 hours. That's enough.

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? For programming , and browsing the web.

9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently? I need something Windows. Something Windows 8.

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc) Visual Studio 2013 for Windows 8, Visual Studio 2013 for Windows desktop, Eclipse for Java

11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list. One game: Crusader Kings 2! And some strategies.

12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system? I'm not an expert in this, but every tablet PC can do this. I guess.

Screen Specifics

1. Any preference on screen resolution? I have no preference , but I want something that i can see.

2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun? Yeah

3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig? Pen? For what? For programming? This is a Joke? No , nein, non! Never!

Component Specifics

1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory? Around 64 gb is enough, but I want it to be extendable to even 256 GB. The ram can be 4GB.

2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs? Well , it would be great to have some full-sized USB, and if it's not more than the budget , a full-size SD card slot.

Misc
    1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above? *Nothing is here*

2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration? Well I want to use it for programming! And some Crusader Kings 2 of course! But I'm repeating myself!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013