Table Formatting in OneNote 2010?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by mscottveach, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mscottveach

mscottveach Pen Pal - Newbie

I am trying to use tables for the firs time in OneNote 2010 and have noticed that I don't have all the same formatting options that I do in Word 2010.

Is this a limitation of OneNote 2010? Or am I just not finding the options?

In particular, I want to "fix the width of columns" - something that is trivial
    in Word but I can't find the option in OneNote.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT WITH ANSWER: I actually just finally stumbled onto the answer after I posted this so thought I would update with the answer.
    If you manaully change the width of a column in your table then that new width becomes fixed. So column width is only variable
    until you manually adjust it. (Which is actually a pretty slick way to handle it.)

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!

Everytime I do a table in OneNote I think to myself that I need to try embedding an Excel spreadsheet (I don't even know if it is possible or not. I like how you can do this in Word or Powerpoint). I have not gotten around to trying it yet but there has to be a better way. This is likely to be one of OneNote's weakest links.

Edit: Nope, cannot link. A table can be pasted using the source formating, merged formatting, text only, or picture. No option for embedding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.