Tab S6 is official

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by desertlap, Jul 31, 2019.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That would be interesting, but also somewhat useless. Since it wasn't designed for the purpose of running WOA.....as kind of wonky as it already is on devices WOA is made for....I can only image how horrid the performance and/or stability of WOA would be. If the TAB S6 costed only like $200, the experiment might be worth it, but given the $700+ pricepoint, I wouldn't risk it.

2. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just discovered one thing that will drive the OCD out there crazy with the keyboard folio. It attaches both through magnets, but also through a sticky panel on the case itself. What will drive some nuts is that its possible to attach in multiple slightly different positions.

The three we have in the offices at the moment are all slightly off in terms of alignment with the edges. One overhangs slightly more to the right, one slightly to the left and the third on the top.

Nitpicking I'm sure but I know how some get with their $600 plus gadgets

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    WillAdams and Bronsky like this.
  3. desertlap

The Verge has their review up. I think they are a bit harsh personally though I agree that Dex still needs work.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/24/...eview-dex-android-tablet-price-specs-features

PS: The "jelly effect" he refers to when using it vertically just shows that he's a bit lazy in his reporting. That did occur with a for a couple of versions of chrome but it's now fixed. And Samsungs own browser didn't have the issue at all.

4. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

I mean, it's The Verge. Expect slick, but not quality journalism from them. Personally, I don't ever visit their site.

5. desertlap

I agree sadly, but I go to them for a couple of reasons still. The first is that they are good if you want to get a good look at a new product.

Also, with the exception of computing products, they actually do a decent job of testing out and talking about the user experience with other consumer devices. For example the primary people they have reviewing headphones and audio products actually go reasonably in depth about how it is to actually use them. They have their biases such as the main headphone guy being a bit of a basshead, but they at least are candid about them. Same thing with stuff like smart speakers or smart home stuff.

Now OTOH don't event get me started on their digital camera reveiwers.....

You know I realize as I type the above, that really its the complex products they don't do so well ono_O

Tams likes this.
  6. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll never forgive them for their botch job of the Nokia 808 PureView phone. It was an absolute disgrace for tech journalism (obviously in terms of life, it meant nothing).
    I did consider going back, but then that PC build happened and... yeah, clearly they had become worse.

nnthemperor likes this.
  7. desertlap

Because some have asked, the LTE version of the Tab S6 is at Verizon and on Samsung USA website November 1. Apparently AT&T is sitting it out this time though I hear they will have the book S when/if it were ships.

nnthemperor and djas like this.
  8. desertlap

Update to my update :)
    Verizon has the Tab S6 now, at least in some stores they got it early. The one nearest me was putting it out yesterday and said they had two additional to sell.