Tab S6 is official

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by desertlap, Jul 31, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well that explains why we haven't got our replacement yet. That's what I'm most curious about.

I will say, as a tablet, it flies, the pen is superb as is the display. I actually like the way they handled the pen storage issue especially if you have either the keyboard cover or just the folio.

With either, the pen is behind a clever fold down flap. This confers two benefits. It keeps the pen from coming off when you stick it in a bag and it provides a small prop up when you are drawing on a table.

Now if we could just get a working keyboard cover for our unit we'd be all set.

BTW: if you swing for the 256GB storage option versus the 64GB option, you also get 2GB more RAM. It wont be in all use cases, but if you push the unit really hard the One UI overall seems to take good advantage of the extra RAM

Marty and jnjroach like this.
  2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Yesterday was my first day of using it at work and I was very impressed - I started work at 5:30 AM and by the time I returned to my desk at 4:00 PM after being at a client meeting I had 51% battery left.

I just OneNote on Android had the same features as the Windows 10 version...

3. desertlap

BTW; I don't know if you have any Best Buys near you, but my four local ones are showing the keyboard in stock for pickup this morning.

4. jnjroach

At least here in the Seattle Metro it was showing out of stock...

Correction - Everett has them apparently and Bellevue is getting more tomorrow, I just ordered one to pickup tomorrow in Bellevue

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  5. jnjroach

Well Bestbuy has pushed delivery back to the 18th...

6. desertlap

I think BB has some issues with their online system. I did the same thing here ordering a keyboard so we could get on with our testing. It's showing that I am set to pick it up today, but I haven't gotten the confirmation email yet and normally it takes an hour at most after an order.

7. desertlap

So I was able to pickup the keyboard cover for our Tab S6 in store at Best Buy and this one works .
    Now that I've had a chance to play with it, I'm impressed. It's definitely an improvement over the Tab s4 keyboard especially with the addition of the trackpad, but also subtly in operational feel being more solid and better typing action. The slight roundness feels odd for a few moments but you quickly adjust.

I wish it was back lit like the surface keyboards, but I can live without that.

I will say it's superior to the Apple keyboard folio for the 11 pro in typing generally but also in one very clever way. This one is two pieces so you can leave the back protection on and the keyboard easily detaches. It makes using the tablet handheld more pleasant while still providing a modicum of protection

BTW: The trackpad is adequate , but nothing more. It's small and nowhere near as fluid as the one on the surface pro keyboard. However it just being there is still far better than not, especially if you intend to use DEX.

Thumbs up overall !

jnjroach, WillAdams and djas like this.
  8. ronr9286t

ronr9286t Scribbler - Standard Member

I apologize if I missed it, but I've not seen anything about the availability of an LTE-capable version. Anyone have any news on this?

9. desertlap

Unofficially CES 2020 time frame.

10. djas

djas Graffiti User

In the US? I might be mistaken but I thought I saw some reviews of the LTE variant online?