T939!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Compudoc, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jericto

Jericto Pen Pal - Newbie

I’m curious if we can install HDD with the NVMe as main boot. Still haven’t upgrade from T902 until they include 2nd hard drive option.

stoneseeker likes this.
  2. Indra

Indra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Just got my Fujitsu T939.

Yes, you can install a NVMe as the boot drive. But note, you can only put in one M2 drive - either an M2 SATA or M2 NVMe - also single drive only.

I bought the configuration with i7-8565 / 8 GB RAM / 256 GB M2 SATA HDD.

On receipt I upgraded the HDD to a 1 TB EVO, and the RAM to a Mushkin 32 GB DDR4 stick.

Performance is good, the screen is nice.

Still getting used to it. Have had my T901 for about 9 years now - still running strong.

The T939 may still have a few driver issues.

Currently the following are not working:
    1) The finger print sensor
    2) The X, Y & Z sensors - also possibly the ambient light sensor

I am planning to write back to Fujitsu soon - hopefully they have an answer.

thatcomicsguy and stoneseeker like this.
  3. Indra

Indra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay updating my earlier message.

Wrote to Fujitsu - but no luck - was brow beaten back with a terse message. I am including it below. As I don't live in the US, I did not have the means to take up the fight. Looks like the Chinese takeover of Fujitsu has done some damage. Hopefully, the system is not too bad.

Have still not been able to switchover from my T901 to the new T939! The new one is damn fast, especially with the 32GB RAM and M2 HDD. I did some Audio and Video editing on the system, it is really smooth. The audio editing is/was more important for me. The video portion is just for synchronisation with the audio, and no real editing or rendering involved.

But it seems that I was too quick to buy the replacement system, especially not having been able to foresee the COVID situation.

But some of the features on the T901 are quite difficult to duplicate on the newer T939. The Nvidia GPU really speeds up photo editing applications which makes up for the 2 cores on the i7. My T901 has a 2nd HDD on a caddy occupying the CD ROM drive slot. That has been a life saver for me. Having been used to the Fingerprint sensor for years, it will be difficult to go back to plain old password mode. For now I have hardwired the password into the system, so that I don't have to manually log in every time - not very secure, hence not ideal for leaving the laptop lying around at sites. I have an extended warranty (4 years) on the system, so will have to wait it out for another 3 years before I can open up the system and check if the sensor on the screen bezel can actually be wired in somewhere.

Hopefully, by then someone else would have done something similar with the system.

And here is Fujitsu's response to my queries about the Fingerprint sensor and Ambient light sensor.

Regarding the fingerprint sensor, the reason why it is not listed is because the device does not have the feature of fingerprint sensor and the reason why the checkbox "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" does not appear, it is that device does not have the feature of light sensor.

It is sad that Fujitsu actually regressed on features.

4. Starlight5

Starlight5 Yes, I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

@Indra you can get a USB fingerprint reader. I use this one on my tablet which didn't come with a fingerprint reader either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.