T936

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ouabain, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouabain

ouabain Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone pulled the trigger on one of these yet?

Any thoughts?

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Check out the T904 and T935 threads, the T936 is the exact same machine with an upgraded processor and WiFi chipset. At the moment there are better machines that cost less, like the Yoga 14 / 460 / P40 / X1, Acer Aspire Switch Alpha 12, Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Asus Transformer 3 Pro, Microsoft Surface Book, and Vaio Z Canvas. The T904 / T935 / T936 is a consideration only if you have to have Wacom EMR in a clamshell form factor.

ouabain likes this.
  3. ouabain

ouabain Pen Pal - Newbie

I have checked out the T935 thread - looks pretty nice.

Surely the Vaio Z Canvas is more expensive? (but also not too good in terms of battery life?)

Is the MS Surface Pro 4 as good as it sounds? (not too sure about the keyboard options though, and to spec it out with 16GB/512GB is pretty expensive too)

What are your thoughts on the Toshiba z20T? Does it compare?

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The Vaio Z Canvas is often at almost 50% off which gives it an amazing price-performance ratio and a pretty low price too. The battery life of course suffers because of its powerful processor.

The Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book have a lot more hardware issues than the Fujitsu T9xx (read all about 'em in their threads) but they are less expensive and a lot more portable, although the high-end models are overpriced. The difference between an i5 and an i7 processor does not justify the hundreds of dollars increase in price (but the difference between i3 and i5 does)

The Z20T looks great but it has a Core m (Core i-Y) processor which struggles with anything more than the lightest workloads.

If you find a deal for the T9xx and really want Wacom EMR, go for it. Mind the cons: noisy fan, barely-usable speakers, relatively small viewing angle for an IPS, small color gamut compared to competitors, severe edge drift issues with the pen, large air gap between the glass and the LCD (pen-cursor parallax), outdated form-factor, sharp edges.

Starlight5 and ouabain like this.
  5. ouabain

ouabain Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

6. ouabain

ouabain Pen Pal - Newbie

Will keep looking - the Lenovo X1 tablet looks cool too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.