T936 corrupt bios

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by yaboo, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaboo

yaboo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All

I recently updated my bios to 1.09. It seems to have some corruption. I did a search on insydeh20 bios and it seems there is a recovery process. I google search and it seems holding down the windows +b keys supposed to start some recovery process. Does anyone know the recovery process and also what is the recovery bios file I need.

Watched the hp recovery videos and looked similar to what I assume is the fujitsu insyde h20 bios.

Thanks

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@yaboo what are the exact symptoms you facing, that led you to assumption that BIOS is corrupt? Is the machine still on warranty?

3. yaboo

yaboo Pen Pal - Newbie

@Starlight5 it seems the function + f2 for the illuminated keyboard does not work.

4. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@yaboo I wouldn't blame that on BIOS, especially if everything else works. Try (re)installing Fujitsu Button Device Driver, Fujitsu BIOS driver, Fujitsu System Extension Utility and Function Manager.

5. yaboo

yaboo Pen Pal - Newbie

@Starlight5 the fn+F2 is supposed to work without windows. It works on the t935 under linux for me. I will reinstall windows 10 on the t936 and see if somehow that resets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.