T935 upgrade to Windows 10 Fujitsu Drivers

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Rondo60, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

Using Windows 7 Pro which will have no support by Microsoft in January 2020.
    Reviewing the Windows 10 upgrade info on Fujitsu website I find conflicting and incomplete info on drivers and software needed.
    https://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/C...Windows 10 Step-by-Step Upgrade Guide ENG.pdf
    http://www.fujitsu-pc-asia.com/driversupport/selectioninterface/selection.html
    I know many have upgraded various Lifebooks and have gotten the proper Windows 10 drivers and software.
    Any help would be deeply appreciated.

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Years ago I upgraded my T904 to Windows 10. I think I did a clean install, then downloaded and installed drivers for the few devices that didn't work out-of-the-box. I have had mostly bad experiences upgrading, even from Windows 10 to newer versions of Windows 10. Do a clean install if you can, and try to stick to the default drivers provided by Windows.

Rondo60 likes this.
  3. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for replying. Hate to do a clean install, but-
    Do you remember which Fujitsu drivers you needed, how you installed them, and did you have to use a certain order as Fujitsu states in their instructions for a clean install? And did you use any software from Fujitsu to get the software like their Auto Installer or Download Manager? Did Windows find the drivers for Ethernet and WiFi?
    So confusing to me, I'd appreciate any help.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The most important ones are the System Extension Utility and the Battery Utility so I could limit charging to 60%/80% or something like that. Everything else duplicates Windows functionality.

I got the Sierra Wireless drivers (Skylight) that were really hard to find (had to register on their website) to get SMS, GPS, and LTE working all together. Doesn't apply if you don't have the LTE card or you don't want SMS and GPS functionality.

There's the Intel ME drivers from Fujitsu's website, but that entire thing is a hassle and a security hole so I recommend setting a strong password on it and disabling its auto-configuration.

Everything else worked out-of-the-box as far as I remember. I remember having trouble with the upgrade and eventually telling myself "it'd take less time to do a clean install than to work out all the problems with the upgrade." Same thing happened on my current machine when each time I upgraded Windows 10. I try the upgrade first, then something goes terribly wrong (usually the start menu and search stop working properly) then I do a clean install.

Rondo60 likes this.
  5. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks so much!