t935 Questions/Problems

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by kruzilla, Mar 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

So, I ended up returning both the TPY14 and the SP4 and went back to Fujitsu but it turns out I'm having problems with it as well. I'd really appreciate any help as I really don't wanna return/sell yet another computer:

Issues with t935:

Using the lasso marquis tool (Manga studio) and the pen tool (Illustrator) requires more "oomph" and tilting the pen seems to just deactivate them altogether most times. The lasso seems to work better in Photoshop than MS for some reason.

Sometimes the screen doesn't seem to register that the pen is drawing on it, particularly in Manga Studio.

Hand tool w/ spacebar works if I'm using the pen but if I hit spacebar while holding the left button and moving around the track pad sans pen, it doesn't work. The icon pops up but nothing happens. I believe there might be some kind of program conflict b/c it's happening with any art program I try.

Web pages take a long time to load. Downloads are very slow. I uninstalled just about every program I don't need, including McAfee and I've also updated every driver. Would upgrading to Win10 help? I seem to recall issues with Fujitsu and 10. I've also already reset my router.

Page Up/Down seems to have a delay when scrolling

Is there any way to "tighten" the screen hinge? Seems to fall very easily when I put the computer down.

Adobe CC installed
    Manga Studio EX5 installed
    Only thing still active with the Synaptics touchpad is "clicking"
    "Flicks" is off

Core i7 5600u
    Iris 5500
    8gb Ram

Thanks!

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

some questions...
    1.Did you put a screen protector on?
    2.Have you checked to see what programs or processes are running in the background and looked for anything hogging memory or CPU?
    3.When you ctrl click the about/version menu in Wacom to get the pressure sensor, is it functioning correctly? ie. are you able to control the curve of numbers 1-256 relatively reliably, or do you have to press extra hard to get the numbers maxxed?
    4.Have you tried plugging ethernet directly into your computer to see if pages still load slow, downloads etc? (does it even have a ethernet plug?)
    5. Have you tried adjusting MS pressure settings to see if that makes the pen and lassoo more reliable?

3. kruzilla

Hey there, Stoneseeker. In answer to your questions:

1. Not yet but I did order one
    2. Yes, I did check but nothing unusual going on there.
    3. Haven't tried this yet but will when I get home
    4. Same as 3 but my t901 is not having the same problems with internet.
    5. Yes but it didn't help.

Sigh. Thanks, man.

4. kruzilla

Y'know, I'm not sure how to check number 3. When I bring up the Wacom properties it just shows me I have the Windows 7 feel it driver. Should I have a different driver installed?

Btw, it only seems to be certain websites (like Facebook) that are having problems loading regardless of the browser I'm using. This site seems to be fine. Gonna go check the ethernet connection.

5. kruzilla

So, the web seems to be better for whatever reason but I'm still having the issue where I put the pen down on the screen in Manga Studio and the cursor doesn't move. Only seems to happen in MS. Photoshop doesn't seem to have this problem.

6. kruzilla

Okay, now it looks like I may have solved the MS problem. It was set to "Tablet PC" in "preferences". Changing to WinTab seems to have fixed it...for now...

stoneseeker likes this.
  7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

whatever driver is the most recent wacom driver on fujitsu's driver page is the one you should be using and I suppose its possible it would be an older but modified one. Yes, its better to use wintab in MS if you have am EMR tabletPC like yours.
    On your properties under your wacom driver, there should be a button that says version or about... hold ctrl and click it to get a hidden menu that shows live feed of pressure reading and use your pen to see that driver is reading pressure correctly. yo umay have to press the about button and then ctrl click another window or button in the pop up I cant remember... just try ctrl clicking stuff in the wacom driver menu and you should get it eventually.

but... any problems still persisting or is this all resolved?

8. kruzilla

Well, most of these problems seem to be resolved. Pressure sensitivity is great in both MS and PS now that I've changed to WinTab and went from "soft" to "medium" in the pen settings. The only Wacom panel I see doesn't have an "about" section unless I'm misunderstanding.

Illustrator still seems to need a harder tap than the one on say, my Cintiq at work. I'll have to recheck my t901 to see if it's the same thing and I'm just forgetting. I think it's a bit better since I changed to "high performance mode". I still can't use the Hand Tool shortcut (click+spacebar+moving-around-trackpad-with-finger) though. It does work if I just hit the spacebar and use the pen to move the canvas around. I had the exact same issue with the TPY and SP4. My guess is it's something to do with the touchpad tech. I miss real buttons.

Otherwise, I received my Photodon screen protector but haven't installed it yet. Hopefully, it doesn't affect performance at all. Kinda worried about that.

Internet seems to be better too after some searches that pointed to how to fix certain Windows errors I was getting. It mostly seems to be affecting videos on FB and it doesn't matter which browser. Page Up/Page Down doesn't seem to be as responsive as I'm used to, too. Wondering if that's due to the pages loading slowly.

Any ideas how I might tighten the hinge? I work in "laptop" mode so if I press too hard on it it falls.

Thanks Stoneseeker!

stoneseeker likes this.
  9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Study the disassembly instructions, page 26 onward, until you get to this:
    [​IMG]
    There is one of these at each of the lower corners of the LCD. You can tighten the spring by tightening the hexagonal bolt.

Not recommended. Too much disassembly and reassembly, requires re-application of glue, and over-tightening could possibly break the hinge.

stoneseeker likes this.
  10. kruzilla

Ah. Good to know. I won't do it then. Thanks!