T935 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Inky, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky

Inky Pen Pal - Newbie

I just installed Windows 10 on my T935, and I thought it would be good to have a thread to discuss issues related to this. Overall things went smoothly, but there are some open issues and questions.

On the official Windows 10 status for this device: Currently (August 2015) it is a bit weird. Fujitsu officially declares Windows 10 eligibility for most recent devices, including T935. There is also a detailed instruction set on how to upgrade devices, and also how to install Windows 10 from scratch. on the other hand: There is no official support yet: There is no official Windows 10 driver section in the download site of Fujitsu yet, and the DeskUpdate tools for Windows 10 seems not yet to be available for any model. The only spcific Windows 10 driver you can download is the Fujitsu Device Driver, but it only becomes visible when you enable "show all drivers", and comes with a warning that it is "unsupported" (in red letters!).

Most things work well. Since I am on the enterprise edition, I was able to switch off all the data leaks to Microsoft which are turned on by default as well as the Windows Life tethering of many apps. Otherwise, I would certainly not have installed it.
    Both pen and touch work well on my device. The High DPI handling is improved (but not perfect) over 8.1, that was the main reason to do the switch. Handwriting recognition is enabled, even though Cortana is disabled and the "enable personalized voice recognition and handwriting support via Microsoft servers" setting in the privacy menu is turned off (I was a bit worried about that one). I did not check anything voice related.

So, these are currently my questions and issues:
    - I made a clean install, not an upgrade. In the device manager, some drivers are missing: There is a "PCI evice" and an "unknown device"

- Something is wrong with the microphone, it has a very low sound level. This is apparently not a Fujitsu specific problem as other peope report the same issue, but probably Realtek. Nonetheless I have not yet found a solution and have to use a headset with microphone vor VOIP. Does somebody k now how to fix the issue? In 8.1 everything was fine.

- The fingerprint reader support is gone, or at least it is not where it used to be. I have not inverstigated the thing though, maybe I just need to find a driver

- As there are no applications and drivers available for download yet, there is no Fujitsu Screen utility, so I do not have the docked/undocked profiles for the screen configuration. I really want those back. Does somebody know how that can be achieved?

2. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I haven't made the jump yet with my T935, but I do have a solution for profiles.

I would suggest you install the intel drivers and create profiles using the intel software. I tried using the fujitsu display screen but it never worked properly. It kept changing the profile every 5-10 minutes. Intel ones worked no problem. Now, the trick is to manually install them via the inf file from device manager.

I wonder if the pci device is your fingerprint reader?

For the microphone, you can try to install the drivers from their website?

On a side note, does anyone experience their laptops starting up at a fixed 0.47ghz until you unplug the ac adapter?

BTW, did you do a fresh install or an upgrade?

3. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

Speaking as T734 owner with a fresh windows 10 install:
    1. I also have a couple of devices with no drivers. However my fingerprint reader is recognised.
    2. I also have a very low microphone level. I haven't tried going to realtek and downloading the latest drivers, I have just let windows update do it all for me. I will try look for newer drivers when I get home.

Do you have the battery charge utility? In windows 8.1 I could set my charge level to 80%. In windows 10, this setting is ignored and charges it to 100%.

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Inky

Inky Pen Pal - Newbie

Hm, that sounds like an interesting tip. I will toy a bit with that. However, I do not think it can sense the "docked" state?

No, the fingerprint reader is recognized separately. I did not try whether it works, but it has a driver in Win 10.

Not for me, no. It hops between 2.1 and 2.3 GHz even with AC.

I did a fresh install after a format, not an upgrade.

5. Inky

Inky Pen Pal - Newbie

You are right, the FP reader hardwar eis actually recognized. It is just not being offered as an authetication method in the same way as in the regular 8.1+DeskUpdate install. There, I could for example log in with FP reader if I wanted to. I have not found that option yet.

I do not have a battery charge utility as far as I can see (I guess that is a Fujitsu tool, similar to the one of Lenovo?).
    However, I noticed at one single instance that at some point I unplugged, discharged to 93%, re-plugged and the computer did not re-charge. (Which is good)
    Normally it charges to 100% though. I would also be very interest in a solution that charges in a smarter way (such as only when below 70% or so).

6. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

I haven't tried, but to enable fingerprint authentication, you need to setup a PIN first in windows 10.

I'm not sure on the merits of a fingerprint as a password, since you're basically leaving your password on everything you touch. A latex or solid gel with your fingerprint has been used to fool a fingerprint reader, I think they did it on mythbusters

7. Inky

Inky Pen Pal - Newbie

Now I found one issue: The SD Card reader does not work. I also can not find it in the devices (where should it be?), so maybe that is one of the two mysterious devices that show up as "unkown" in der device manager. Does anyone know what kind of reader that is, so where to get drivers for it?

8. in4mer

Just updated to windows 10. I had one unknown device. Searched for update, it was intel bluetooth.

Gonna look into fingerprint and this sd issue

9. in4mer

Fingerprint is working.
    Haven't tested sd card yet.

I upgraded instead of do a fresh windows install. I'll need to set aside 2 days to install all drivers and apps AND as I am now living in a remote area with limited internet, I need some unlimited usage.

10. Rashad Mahmudov

Rashad Mahmudov Pen Pal - Newbie

I upgraded to windows 10. Pen works but touch doesn't work on my T935. Any idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.