T902 software for touch screen keyboard shortcuts?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tabletier, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tabletier

tabletier Pen Pal - Newbie

For a T902, Win7, in tablet mode (no keyboard):
    Any recommendations for software(s) that would allow the user to create and save shortcuts for several different programs and then give some kind of on screen interface that can be used by pen and touch input to access? Basically trying to see if there is a solution for people who are trying to use a tablet without the use of a keyboard while not losing the ability to use keyboard shortcuts to speed up workflow. Thanks.

2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@tabletier,

There are quite extensive discussions on this forum about this kind of shortcut system for use with tablets. There are several that may be good for your usage. To help us help you, it might be more useful if you told us which ones you've tried and how they met/didn't meet your needs.

Cheers!

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  3. tabletier

I have not tried any of them nor am I aware of what options are available. The couple I have seen were only available for Win8 or later...
    I am looking for something that is extensive enough to allow using the laptop in tablet mode for software such as photoshop. The idea I had was some sort of interface that can be docked and allow you to use finger touch, even possibly multi-touch to access your custom shortcuts while using your stylus and/or other hand to work in the program. Basically a software version of those programmable keypads... What would be great is if the shortcuts could be programmed differently for different programs and they would change depending on whichever program is currently active. Also, are there any on screen touch keyboards that are better than the default one that comes with Win7? Thanks again.

4. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just for onscreen toolbars, for Win 7 there are several options: many ArtDock-related scripts, RadialMenu, Toolbar Creator, TouchKey, Art Keys. You can google them, and there is a lot of info about them on this site. However, touch input in Win 7 is barely developed, so it may be a challenge to satisfy all your requirements. Unfortunately, because it's Fujitsu, you may run into difficulties (for example, I don't think all the ArtDock-related scripts work on Fujitsu).

Here are two recent discussions to get you started:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/tabletpc-mouse-touchkey-artdock-help-an-idiot.68690/
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/artdock-guide-compatibility-and-links.58400/

My favorite is the terrific (but paid) Hot Virtual Keyboard (although I've only used it in Win 10).

5. tabletier

Thanks. Toolbar creator looks good. Do you know of any that allow both touch & pen input?

6. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

ArtDock-related scripts and RadialMenu allow using touch & pen simultaneously if it's that what you want. I posted the settings for the T902 here to make it compatible with all the ArtDock-related scripts.

7. tabletier

thanks.. do you have a link to a tutorial that describes how to get that combination working?