T902 recommend a screen protector!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by lemonadebox, Jul 24, 2013.

1. lemonadebox

lemonadebox Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys!
    I need a recommendation for a screen protector for my t902. I've heard that some screen protectors can decrease the touch senstivity of the screen but as long as the pen digitizer isn't effected its okay with me (i leave my touch off most of the times anyways).
    Also, wondering if anyone uses a glove while drawing like the 2-finger ones that come with the cintiq, and how that works for them. I've noticed that my screen
    gets a bit oily at times.

Has anyone been able to find a keyboard skin/cover for the t902, I snack at my desk a lot, and pencil shavings and other things somehow manage to get under the keyboard

thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Photodon makes custom cut T902 screen protectors, and gives you a few options for matte or how thick. I use the clearest one that actually enhances and deepens color a touch. I like it, and although touch was effected, (apparently the firmware update fixes this? Haven't tried it yet) pen is not effected at all.

I turn off touch when working, but I still use a cut up glove so my hand can glide effortlessly across the screen. It just feels better to work with a glove to me. And yeah, helps prevent oily residue.

3. Tekn0

Tekn0 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't mean to dig up an old thread but it's still relevant.

I found this Screen protector exclusively made for the T902. atFoliX Fujitsu Lifebook T902 Displayschutzfolie: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

It claims to be removable and can be reapplied any number of times without leaving any glue residue. Seems good because I always mess up with screen protector installations :S

Here's the translated text:
    Fujitsu LifeBook T902 Accessories: Appropriate and precise contour Fujitsu Lifebook T902 Screen Protector. Guaranteed high-quality processing using the latest precision machines (laser-cutting technology) - Made in Germany!
    Optimal and intact screen presentation - Fujitsu Lifebook T902 Screen Protector: Ultra-clear and hard-coated! This crystal-clear, highly transparent screen-protection foil is almost invisible.
    Highly scratch-proof, hard-coated Fujitsu Lifebook T902 protector! With a 4H pencil harness at 500 g writing pressure, highly scratch-resistant.
    Very simple to install the Fujitsu LifeBook T902 Screen Protector - 100% bubble-free adhesion to a clean screen! The special silicon adhesive layer displaces the air when applying and nestles latter automatically install the display.
    Fujitsu LifeBook T902 @ FoliX: functions are not diminished! This Fujitsu LifeBook T902 foil procures a pleasant writing sensation and is optimized for use on touch screens.

I'll most likely be trying this screen protector when I get my T902 (hopefully next week).

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

interesting, please let us know how it works.
    I would postpone installing it till you have had a chance to use touch and pen on the screen without it first, in case the protector causes any issues, it will be easier to know how it behaves without.

5. 2blackbar

2blackbar Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought screen protector and ive lost some touch sensitivity, i can touch but cant swipe and pinch/rotate, does anyone have some recommendations what protector works best with t902? I have protector on x230 thinkpad and it doesnt lose its touch sensitivity that much if at all but fujitsu lost quite a bit.