T902: Omnipass + Fingerprint reader problem. Please help! =(

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Kits, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kits

Kits Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys and girls,

Sorry if this thread has been posted already but ah, I am just ultimately frazzled from this stupid problem and have been spending the entire night figuring it out via tons of forum posts and guides, but nothing is working.

It's 4AM and I need to be up in 3 hours for work.. sigh.

Here's the problem:

All of a sudden, my fingerprint reader is not working. I can't log in using my fingerprint and the whole scrolling feature thing is gone. I don't know why. I never dropped my laptop or knocked it against anything. All I did the previous night was wipe the entire laptop with a fibre cloth, which is what I do every week. I noticed that when switching on the laptop, only three (Caps, Num, and Scroll Lock) out of the four lights blink. Does this mean something's wrong? (The light with the key symbol above doesn't blink) >_<

Omnipass seriously.. sucks. It takes such a LONG time to start up (like 3 minutes, no joke) and there is apparently no way to disable it at log on. I've been trying steps on reinstalling drivers for AuthenTec and whatnot, and being the computer illiterate that I am, nothing worked. I think I have opened Omnipass and toggled around with the Device Manager for a billion times. It's so frustrating. I don't even care if there is no Omnipass. All I want to do is to log in at startup with a swipe of my fingerprint like I always have.

It's said under the Biometric Devices > AuthenTec Inc. AES2660 > This device is working properly. But why is it.. not working? I tried updating the driver but it's said to be up-to-date. My driver date is 19/4/2010 and the version is 9.0.8.15. As per title, I use the Fujitsu T902 with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and it's just nearly 3 months old.

About Omnipass, is it that useful? It's said that I can't manage my passwords because the device is not connected. I am so confused. I am SO close to completely deleting it out of my system. Are there any better alternatives to this? All I want is to use my fingerprint reader to log into my computer. That's all TT_________TT Why is it suddenly broken uwuuu

I'm trying to troubleshoot things on my own (if possible) because going back to the shop to see my computer guy can cause a lot of problems, especially with my dad. So yeah.

So please please, if anyone out there can suggest or guide me with something, I would really appreciate it!

Sorry if this post sounds so crappy, I have been surviving with minimal sleep due to work and then this crops up!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Good news! This has been solved in the past. There is a post around here somewhere from a few months ago where I provide a link to a useful blog post and describe what I did step by step to get rid of all the annoying fingerprint software and just use it to get your prints recorded, and then set windows to take over at log in. Essentially, someone explains how to get rid of Omnipass and just use windows 7 built in fingerprint sign in program.

So try to find that post if you can.. ( I don't have time to hunt for it right now, sorry...)

Let me know if you find it, if tonight when I am done work and I have time I may try to find it myself.

3. Kits

Kits Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, stoneseeker.

I've deleted Omnipass mwahaha and currently downloading TrueSuite for Windows 7. I actually downloaded and installed that but it got complicated so I uninstalled and deleted it. And now I'm doing the downloading again -__- I removed my password during startup so that's faster, since I'll be using my laptop at work and I don't have time to wait for it to load at startup. I can't find the post that you mentioned but I'm following steps from this post:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/fujitsu/30029-omnipass-out-windows-7-a.html

Eh, I just hope that whatever I'm doing right now actually works. I'll continue cracking my brain over this after work.

4. Kits

Kits Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyway, just to update those who are interested, I solved the problem during the train ride to work in the morning. It only took me 20 minutes, hoowaah. Now I log in with the Windows 7 fingerprint thingy via TrueSuite so it's all cool :3 I can't use the fingerprint sensor to scroll though but it doesn't bother me because I never used it anyway.

5. stoneseeker

Good to hear you got it working!

6. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

I generally hate bringing stuff back up from the dead but when you use WIndows to manage fingerprint data, does it log in pretty quick? I reformatted and can't remember what I used but it was fast. Now with omnipass/authentec garbage, it takes a year.

7. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I'm using Windows integrated option and it's fast and simple.

stoneseeker likes this.
  8. stoneseeker

yep same here. fastest with windows only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.