T902 inverted pen motion in external display mode

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by fuerst, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuerst

fuerst Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all!

My T902 works just fine when it is stand-alone, either notebook or tablet mode (WIndows 8).

Some troubles arise when an external monitor or beamer is connected.

1. In clone display mode with a beamer, it can only work in notebook mode, because the internal display cannot be rotated 180° independently from the external display. Pen and touch work fine, even when aspect ratio of internal display is adjusted to 4:3.

2. When I operate the T902 with the port replicator and connect a 1920x1200 external monitor in extended desktop mode, I would like to use the external monitor as the primary display and the internal display as the secondary display. The internal display is rotated 180° (because I use an external keyboard then). Now, the touch digitizer works fine, but the pen seems to not recognize the 180° rotation! Moving the pen from lower left to upper right corner results in a line from upper right to lower left!

All the drivers are the latest versions available.

Any similar experiences?

Fujitsu support could not provide a solution.

Thanks,

Josef

2. SpiralMagus

SpiralMagus Pen Pal - Newbie

I have experienced #1 (no independent rotation with clone display on external monitor). I didn't find a solution yet unfortunately. I'm wondering if this is a limitation with the Intel graphics driver.

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Fujitsu has a separate tablet display settings menu that is accessible from their Fujitsu menu. It has docked and undocked tablet display profiles you can set... I wonder if because you are docked to the replicator it automatically messes with settings that are supposed to kick in when you dock. Try messing about in that menu to see if it changes anything?

Weird though that touch isn't flipped. Is it the same behavior using pen in wintab programs (adobe photoshop for instance) as it is in windows?

4. azelll

azelll Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I think that this is (another) problem of the Wacom drivers; I have different machines, Samsung Slate and Motion Computing, but sometimes I get the same problem, not only, sometimes the pen would work only on the external monitor, which can be kinda interesting, if you want to use the pen only on the external monitor and you don't have other graphic tablets.
    Anyway, when it happens I go to tablet setting, and switch the monitor to the monitor of the tablet and it works like normal, hope it helps

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  5. fuerst

fuerst Pen Pal - Newbie

I played around with the Fujitsu tablet display settings. Following recommendations of Fujitsu support, I unchecked all the "docked/undocked" options with partial success: The pen works on the right display now (with the previous settings, the cursor was moving on the external display!), but the direction of movment is flipped.
    Regarding wintab programs: I don't use Photoshop. What other programs could I use to test the behaviour?

Josef

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

well, it was more a curiosity. It's the windows pen driver that is not flipping, and that what counts, but I was just wondering if it would happen with wacoms driver too. Not sure what easily accessible programs also use wintab. It sounds like the tablet display settings in Fujitsu is overriding something or conflicting with windows built in display stuff. You could always try unchecking "Fujitsu display manager" in startup tab of msconfig to see if it is the fault of that program. Make sure to reset afterwards or nothing will have changed. If it is the case, you at least know where to tweak the settings, or you can leave it off, or uninstall the driver all together if you prefer.

7. fuerst

fuerst Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you. But it does not change anything. Well, I can still live with what the T902 does, though it is a pity that this special 2-monitor experience is not yet possible.

Josef

8. azelll

azelll Pen Pal - Newbie

that would be a bummer!
    I was looking at my set up, different, but technically similar to yours, (touch and pen tablet inverted to fit the cables, and external monitor connected)
    and find out that the right option is (at least for me)
    Control Panel/ Pen Tablet Properties/ calibrate, and then you pickup the monitor, sometimes you also have to recalibrate the pen, hope it helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.