T902 instock at Newegg.com

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Is there any disadvantage/advantage buying this from newegg instead of direct from their website?

aaaand,

When will newegg.ca carry them?? argh, I getting sooo impatient!

3. ste8ven

ste8ven Pen Pal - Newbie

Its only $1699 on Newegg!, Damn I'm sorta regretting buying T901 for $760, since I need to buy warranty + $270 its around 1000 altogether. 700 for the upgraded screen resolution and the Ivy bridge seems to be a good buy.

4. Zero

Too bad I already spent $1300 on my X230t , :(

5. stoneseeker

Yes, that price kicks a$$, but I'm in Canada...
    If newegg Canada lists it for the same price as I would find it at the Fujitsu Canada store, would it be better for warranty purposes to go through the Fujitsu direct? Or is the process just the same regardless of where you buy it if something breaks?

6. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I know the t902s are brand new, but has anyone snagged one yet?

I haven't seen any reviews or hands on experience yet despite them being available.

The t901 I had was a good machine and I'm regretting getting rid of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

7. cmenice

hmm...

Image001.jpg

8. stoneseeker

is that yours? Please post away when you get a chance!
    If its not too nerdy for you, a video would be cool too!

9. cmenice

Yes, I broke down and ordered one. I was on the hunt for a laptop (not necessarily a tablet pc), but thought I might do some drawing on it as well. Of course it's a lot extra just for the "tablet" part, but I'm ok with that because it seems like a lot of the Win 8 laptops coming out don't even have touch screens.

I could probably do a video in the morning, but give me some recommendations on what you'd like to see. I'm trying to hold out from using the pen until I get a screen protector on it.

Things I've noticed so far:

* Good build quality. Seems very sturdy.
    * I immediately thought it was lighter and thinner than the T901 (I'm not sure if it is or not).
    * The lid is a silver color that's similar to the keyboard area. But the area around the keyboard has a darker brushed silver finish. It might be metal, I'm not sure.
    * The screen bezel is black and covered with glass almost to the end of the housing on the sides. There are little sockets on each side of the display and little knobs that line up with them near the keyboard.
    * Windows 7 of course. I went through the initial setup and made the recovery discs with no issues.
    * No more scroll pad :(
    * Small touchpad area, but I think this is in anticipation of Windows 8 and touching the screen.

I popped out the 500gb HDD and put in a Crucial M4 256gb SSD. It was partitioned for my Macbook Pro that I just sold so I couldn't use the recovery discs to install Windows 7. Luckily I happened to make a Windows 8 Release Preview disc the last night so I popped that in. Booted from the disc, partitioned and formatted the Crucial M4. Less than 30 minutes later I'm happily tooling around in Windows 8 ;)

I owned a T901 last year. It was a pretty good machine during the time I had it. I'll need some hands on time to get better acquainted with the T902. One huge difference I noticed right away was the SCREEN on the T902! The 1600x900 resolution is leaps and bounds better than the 1280x800 on the T901.

The T902 from Newegg is $1699 including a 3 year warranty. I also purchased through fatwallet.com which gives me another 4% back.

Feel free to ask questions and let me know what you want to see in the video. I think that's it for now.

10. Zero

Does it have gorilla glass?

Would you be able to test the digitizer performance on the whole screen including the edges? (maybe later?)

Can it fit a standard portrait page (8.5 x 11 ) in portrait mode?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.