T902 - How to upgrade to Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by poldas, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poldas

poldas Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have Fujitsu T902 with Windows 7 Pro. I tried to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10 but every time computer was hanged after restart - just as in the picture, and after reboot appear blue screen

How to upgrade T902 to Windows 10???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  2. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Installation of Windows 10 can take a while...
    I suggest you backup your data and do a clean install of W10 and not an upgrade. You have to reinstall all your apps, but the system is more stable after a clean install. Just go back to W7 and select the option to do a new installation of W10.

3. poldas

poldas Pen Pal - Newbie

I need upgrade from Windows 7 because I want use free upgrade to Windows 10

4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

I'd also highly recommend the clean install. Here's a Windows 10 Clean Install Guide on our sister site, NotebookReview. A download link to the Windows 10 ISO is included in the article.

Charles

5. poldas

poldas Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with you But I want to migrate my Windows 7 key so first I need make a upgrade and then clean installation

6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

It sounds similar to the problem I had when upgrading my T901 to Windows 10. Every time I tried, after the restart it would bluescreen and I would have to clean install Windows 8 all over again because things were so messed up that there wasn't any OS that the computer would recognize.

I think it was a hard drive issue for me. I finally switched out my SSD for the spinning drive it originally came with, slapped Windows 8 on it (since apparently the original Windows 7 install got way corrupted) and the upgrade finally worked.

Once you've upgraded, you can clean install on any hard drive you want.

7. poldas

poldas Pen Pal - Newbie

In my case upgrade from fresh installed Windows 7 ends bluescreen everytime. I tried upgrade from Windows 8.1 and system was upgraded to Windows 10. The problem is that I have Windows key 7 sticker so I have to upgrade from my oryginal system

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Are you using the original hard drive the computer came with or your own SSD? Do you have another HDD you can try?

9. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Wait, was the 8.1->10 upgrade on your T902 or another machine? If it was on the T902, then you're done. You can clean install Windows 10 any time. The important part with Windows 10 is your machine, not the OS you're upgrading from. My T901 also came with Windows 7 and has a Windows 7 sticker, but I upgraded from Windows 8 just fine. I clean installed Windows 10 using another hard drive and it activated automatically.

If the upgrade wasn't on the T902, then yes, definitely try another hard drive. Also check your RAM (run diagnostics or switch out different sticks).

10. poldas

poldas Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I'm Oryginaly laptop has SSD 256 GB I didn't have any disks but I can buy if you think that it is necessary

Yes, upgrade from 8.1 ends fine, but i tested it with illegal activated Windows 8.1
    I have license only for Windows 7 so I think that i should first upgrade system from activated Windows 7 (with key from the sticker) and then windows key will be migrated, associated with my T902 and stored i Microsoft and i will be able to install clean Windows 10...

In my opinion if you want be legally you should upgrade your system from Windows with key from sticker

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016