T902 for heavy PS work?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ForzaqC, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vitor

vitor Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah! I shoot tethered to my laptop during my shoots, cameras memory cards are never enough and aren't trusty... loosing my photos on a paid shoot is not an option.
    So, being tethered, each SSD receives a copy of the photo immediately after it's shot

Don't know about that but here's my site www.vitorjacinto.be

Sure, what do you want to know?

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I guess I'm curious how a photographer incorporates strokesplus into their workflow, and also interested in how your desktop looks with rainmeter... a screen cap would be nice! Just curious if Rainmeter extends to useability or is simply to customize the look, and how rainmeter effects windows 8 metro. ( I used rainmeter on 7 before, I like some of the visual styles but found it to be mostly annoying and downloadable themes were filled with spam/trojans)

3. ForzaqC

ForzaqC Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't wait to be able to touch up photos directly on screen. I'm no photographer (other than the occasional product for a catalog in a pinch), but I do often have to fix boo boos.

I'm watching eBay for T902s and I'd love to score a cheap refurb i7 unit. I am, however, very interested in what the i7 version of the new Wacom tablet will have to offer. If it's as powerful as a MBP and in the sub $2000 range, it could be a real contender. I don't mind carrying a BT keyboard with me, since I like the idea of having all of those shortcuts at hand while I'm using the pen.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

4. stoneseeker

I doubt Wacom offering will be nearly as powerful as T902, sadly. The T902 features the exact same maximum specs as a MBP 13" , the most notable being the full voltage CPU (i7 3520M) unlike what will most likely be a ULV i7 in the Wacom... heres how they compare: ARK | Compare Intel® Products

For many, certainly the ULV is welcome, but if you are workin gon large files within photoshop and are used to full voltage power of a MBP or equivalent, the T902 will not leave you wanting when it comes down to the number crunching.

5. ForzaqC

ForzaqC Pen Pal - Newbie

I suppose you are likely right. I was hoping that it would be a true pro-level machine, but it's much more likely to be ULV. My ideal machine would be a windows version of the modbook pro - without the idiotic price :)

6. stoneseeker

same here. Toss a 14-15" screen and a dedicated GPU in there as well and you got my dream convertible.

7. ForzaqC

ForzaqC Pen Pal - Newbie

So the Fujitsu USA ebay store suddenly has zero stock of anything. Wierd.

How vital is a warranty with these machines? Theres a pretty decked out used i7 unit starting pretty cheap. I'm hesitant even though it's a significant discount.

8. stoneseeker

I believe a T902 is going to outlive almost any other tabletPC out there as far as current gen machines are concerned. Warranty is nice though. You can ask the seller if any warranty remains, if it does you can always purchase an extended warranty on the phone with Fujitsu. How good of a deal are you talking? I've seen i7 T902's for sale internationally for the stupidest high prices lately. $4700 for instance. And it won't even be decked out with a high SSD or 16 gigs RAM. It's utterly unbelievable... Still I would consider a used (in good condition) T902 with i7 worth a decent $1200 at the very least. They (i7 customized) were $2100 to start , so thats a pretty good price slash.

9. ForzaqC

ForzaqC Pen Pal - Newbie

Starting bid is $1500 and there are no bids so far...ends in a few hours. It has 16 GB RAM, 500GB HDD and the 32 GB mSATA option. Also has the extra battery, port replicator and an adapter for another drive. Says it's only a few weeks old. So tempting.

Fujitsu would sell me an extended warranty even though I bought it used?

10. stoneseeker

yes. You just let them know you bought a T902 used, you give them the serial and they would tell you how old the system ACTUALLY is, and you would know how much of the intial warranty still remains, then you have the option of extending it if you want. You just have to extend it before the warranty runs out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.