T902 and Windows 10???

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alband

alband Pen Pal - Newbie

Just to say, as per stormi's instructions I (appear to) have got the palm rejection working when penning. And it does indeed only reject one side which I suppose is nice though I never "needed" it. I did have to use the hack I previously mentioned in post 18 to stop the Wacom driver being updated. The scrolling now seems to be working properly too, as does double-tapping.
    I'd be very interested in how your fingerprint setup is working 3phemeral? Is it configured in the Windows settings? I've got fujitsu workplace protect installed (after finding omnipass a complete headache) which works but is so slow and buggy I use the PIN 99% of the time. I don't have an option for "windows hello" at login.

Other updates:
    Win + E CAN be made to got to "This PC": Open file explorer (somehow), in the ribbon, click "File" > "Change folder and search options" > "Open file explorer to: This PC". Quite easy really though I feel they've missed a trick. I would have liked it if Win + E went to "This PC" and the icon in the taskbar went to "Quick Access". Nothing wrong with QA but Win+E is well defined muscle memory now. I also wish the "Links" worked as before in previous Windows. Now QA has replaced it, shortcuts can't be placed there which means, for instance, you can't have a script in the Links/QA area in the left of the File Explorer. I found this very useful, but no more.
    Only other thing of note are the still prevalent bugs. Bloody Bugs. Perhaps the most annoying is the Runtime Broker issue. Many people are complaining about it without a word from MS. One solution that worked for me is to turn of Windows Tips, which did noticeably reduce the number of times RB took over the CPU. However, it still consumes ~25-30% (i.e. 1 CPU core) every so often and the only cure is to go in there and kill it.

I've also got the autorotation bug mentioned by others. Basically, whenever I pull the display round, Windows switches to tablet mode. It then auto-rotates the display to Landscape-flipped to suite the orientation. This is ok though I don't like the lack-of-desktop in tablet mode. Then, if I flip the screen back, it often doesn't auto-rotate the display back to "Landscape" so I have to do it manually. I think, it only auto-rotates while in tablet mode, so if it switches back out of tablet mode before the display rotates back to "Landscape" it'll require manually changing. It is possible to turn off "tablet mode" in settings, but this never sticks. The rotation button on the display seems to do nothing on my system.

I can report the shock sensor utility is working find on my system, even with SSD+HDD combo. Didn't have any trouble with it during the upgrade - didn't have to do anything.

3phemeral likes this.
  2. 3phemeral

3phemeral Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed Windows Hello when I installed the Omni fingerprint managing software and I figured Windows must support fingerprint scanning natively, so I decided to uninstall all drivers related to the FPS and reboot (you have to reboot after this). Windows recognized the fingerprint scanner and installed a driver on its own. When you're in the system settings (metro), you can search for "Hello" and you should be able to select it. Registering a fingerprint was the most painless I've ever had (the previous software would fail 95% of the time when I had to confirm my fingerprint on the last step). Unlocking the device is also easy because I've never once had it fail, whereas with the Omni software (and the ugly floating menu at the login screen), it would be picky and warn me that it couldn't read my fingerprint.

1) I have the same issue with rotation only if I switch the tablet mode, it'll auto-rotate into portrait. All I have to do is lift the keyboard section of the laptop and it'll reorient itself properly.

2) That's weird. Both an upgrade to and a fresh install of Windows 10 still has the shock sensor utility failing for me. I still get a a warning message after reboot and the shock sensing doesn't work for the HDD I have in the external bay. It would be nice to have, but I'm thinking of replacing the HDD with an SSD anyway.

alband likes this.
  3. alband

alband Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks 3dphemeral! I've now got the fingerprint working with windows hello - no ugly, slow logon screens :D I have fujitsu workplace protect installed and a couple of other fingerprint things in c:\program files. I installed those, but left the actual driver (located using device manager) which is also in c:\program files\ (AuthenTec\ATFMA\ufma.exe). Rebooted and bingo! I'd already registered fingerprints with win hello just hadn't had the sign in option before now :)

I don't really know what's going on with the rotation anymore. Can't see a pattern except that every now and then I get "stuck" in landscape-flipped while in laptop mode. I have to go in and change it back to "landscape" manually.

From what I gather you've got SSD as main drive and HDD in the caddy. I'm not too surprised the shock sensor doesn't work with that but I completely agree it seems a but short-sighted and must be a pain. FYI, I'm using a "WD Black dual 2" (that's "dual squared" and yes, it's quite a mouthful). It's a 128GB SSD sandwiched on top of a 7mm 1TB HDD. I've got that in the main slot and battery in the external bay thing. I suspect that's why the shock sensor still works for me. The sensor must only be linked to the internal bay or something. I don't really understand how the dual drive identifies itself to windows. I would recommend it as a neat solution, but you can't put anything that requires instant playback on the 1TB portion. Music and videos skip for example, I think because both SSD and HDD share the same SATA controller and the SSD gets priority. Also 128GB (actually only 110GB usable) is a bit small - I'm struggling with this.

My only major gripes now are the various bugs in windows 10. Cortana search frequently needs killing in task manager just to find results, runtime broker frequently needs killing to get my CPU back, there's no way to choose a scan schedule in defender like windows of old so all-to-often I've just got to live with 30% CPU taken over with a scan; many other small bugs too. I really hope MS get on top of this sooner rather than later. Fingerprint reader has made me smile for today though :)

3phemeral likes this.
  4. 3phemeral

Ah, I see. That's a really interesting drive and I've never heard of it before. That's crazy! I know some T902s support an MX SSD and that all T902s have the hardware for it, but unless you requested to have that feature when ordering, Fujitsu disables it via the BIOS and you're unable to utilize that function. You could technically have 3 hard drives installed but from other users here, it's been mentioned that the MX SSD is actually quite slow and almost useless.

Thankfully, the only thing left is the auto-rotation and thanks to someone mentioning it earlier, the palm rejection works after uninstalling the Wacom drivers. Still, though, I've resorted to attaching my 12wx Cintiq (which has some bugs), but I'm able to use it without much issue. The only problem is that sometimes the wacom pen does not register on the Cintiq, but al I have to do is turn it off and on while dis/reconnecting its USB and it comes right back.

[edit] Cintiq works great (including pressure sensitivity) but after uninstalling the wacom driver for the T902 to get palm rejection working, there's no pressure sensitivity in Photoshop. One step forward one step back. lol

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  5. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

As suggested earlier, install the Wacom driver version 7.2.0-10 to get full support back.

3phemeral likes this.
  6. 3phemeral

Thanks. I tried it out and it works great. Almost completely perfect functionality now. If only fujitsu fixed that repeated cursor movement problem.

7. 3phemeral

stoneseeker, SpiralMagus and stormi like this.
  8. dj_pirtu

dj_pirtu Pen Pal - Newbie

I have T904 and my fingerprint sensor doesnt work at all. Actually it doesnt show up in device manager, just cant find it. Sensor is enabled in bios.

9. bllue

bllue Pen Pal - Newbie

hey i think you an absolut start, i started reading you advice about that guy on ebay... i now have a fujitsu t902, love it just upgraded the ram to 16gigs...

thanks

stoneseeker likes this.
  10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words! Glad some of my nerdy ramblings helped.
    Personally, I think @stormi is the true white knight of the T902!