T902 and Windows 10???

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPenguin

MPenguin Pen Pal - Newbie

I contacted Fujitsu about getting Windows 10 drivers. According to the support team, the official position is that "Although the T902 is on our list to be supported, there is currently no ETA for Windows 10 support."

monkey13 likes this.
  2. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Which Wacom driver are you using?
    About Cortana and the mic - thats something other testers of Win10 devices also noticed. It looks like Cortana is just not optimized well yet...
    You can try cranking up the mic amplification: Unbenannt.png

That update compulsion for drivers really is the worst decision by Microsoft for Win10. You even can't stop it from installing bugged drivers and can even cripple your whole system...

This must be a bug, that's not the normal behavior in Win10.
    I made a small programm for disabling touch in Win8. Maybe it also works in Win10 or it just needs a small adjustment:
    http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/101948-device-touchscreen-disablerenabler/
    Here's a similar tool from someone else: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/apps-for-tablet-pc.56322/

That touch scroll problem sounds like the bug that was inroduced with the Wacom driver version 7.2.1-21 on the T902. Try using v7.2.0-10, that was the last one that worked correctly for me on Win8.1.

stoneseeker likes this.
  3. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

Ive got spare HDD's lying around - might throw Windows 10 on one of them, although I want to try it with my SSD :( running low on space, otherwise I would partition and try it out!

4. vitor

vitor Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Any news about a windows 10 update, concerning the palm rejection ?

5. 3phemeral

3phemeral Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't seen any updates concerning palm rejection. I bought a new Samsung 850EVO and did a fresh install, so I'm updating everyone on that:

Fresh install seemed to fix most of the issues I was having:​

Works fine:
      1. With the Win10 upgrade, I lost Bluetooth streaming functionality (as in, I couldn't stream audio from my phone through the computer).
      2. Regained the ability to broadcast my WiFi via adhoc (for those of you who have unlimited data, if you want to use your phone as a source of internet and broadcast it to multiple devices via WiFi sharing, let me know!). In my experience, allowing your PC to manage an ad hoc connection is a better solution than using your phone, which can overheat and drain its battery quite quickly.
      3. Performance is miles better. Of course, that could be the result of a fresh install and a brand new SSD.
      4. Finger print scanner doesn't need OmniPass. WHAT? Yeah, and it works better than OmniPass's own solution. Win7 worked fine, Win8 was horrible as it has a lot of false reads. Win10's Hello login works perfectly all the time.
      5. Auto-Rotation didn't work at all when I upgraded. I would have to manually change the rotation (ctrl+shift+up/down/left/right buttons depending on the direction). It would also get stuck in tablet mode or rotate to portrait for no good reason A fresh install fixed that.

Problems:

1. Shocksensor utility doesn't work. Obviously, this was meant only for non-SSDs but even on Win8, I had it installed and it wouldn't cause any issues.Upon install, it'll warn you that you're using an SSD and therefore, it's not needed but you're allowed to still install it if you want. If you opt to install it for your SSD (for whatever reason, even if you don't need it), it'll pop up with a lot of driver errors. I don't know if you'll get any errors with an actual HD as I don't have one.
      2. Screen buttons work but auto-rotation is a hit or miss. Yesterday, I was able to lock rotation but today I can't. All of the other buttons like volume and the A/B buttons work despite of this.
      3. Palm rejection.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it. Those were the immediate issues I had that were bugging me, though.

6. stormi

I've also installed/upgraded Windows 10 now on my original HDD with factory installed Windows 8.

It almost took me 2 days to get there. Because I first needed to upgrade to 8.1 to be able to upgrade to 10, because that doesn't work as simple as it sounds and because of that slow HDD. Wow these things are slow like hell....
    Normally I simply would have made a fresh, clean install with my education liscense but I wanted to save Windows 10 for the included license of the T902 for the time when I'm reselling it.

Got everything running well on the T902, although it had a "double upgrade" behind it.
    Except touch & pen like others mentioned, it's totally screwed up.
    - Palm rejection doesn't work
    - Touch scrolling is way to "fluffy"
    - Double-tap for opening files or foldes rarely works although I clearly can see the the visual feedback

Windows automatically installed the newest Wacom driver v7.3.1-7. But even with that driver uninstalled it behaved the same. Tried installing an older driver (v7.2.0-10) because I know that drivers after that version are also buggy on other Windows versions but they simply can't be installed because they 'can't find the hardware'.
    I assume Microsoft has made some bigger changes to pen & touch.
    I've read in the web that the palm rejection now only disables touch on one of the sides next to the pen tip. You can choose your writing hand in the pen settings. I've also read that changing this might fix the palm rejection but I had no luck.
    But there seem to be other people and devices with that problem.

So we only can wait until Fujitsu / Wacom / Microsoft fixes this. And maybe contact them about the problem to help speed things a bit up ;)

7. stormi

Shock sensor seems to work fine on my machine but I used Win10 on a HDD. It even locked itself when moving it.

8. 3phemeral

3phemeral Pen Pal - Newbie

What's odd is that this would work when I had Win 8.1 with my SSD but not for this machine. It's also a newer 850EVO, though, and not even Samsung has an updated version of Magician that supports Rapid mode for Win10.

9. nadams

nadams Pen Pal - Newbie

Sadly I had to roll back my T902 to Windows 8.1 today. I really enjoyed Windows 10 but not having palm rejection made my art applications nearly unusable for drawing. I'll be checking in with Wacom here and there to see if they update their drivers for better Win10 use and keeping an eye out here if anyone happens to have luck. I'll report any findings I have here, though I suppose until things improve it's a waiting game :/

10. stormi

Today I've tried Win10 and palm rejection again because someone here mentioned he got palm rejection working.
    I don't know why it didn't worked the first time I tried but now I've also got working palm rejection and functional touch input on my T902.

But I can confirm that palm rejection behaves different in Windows 10. The palm rejection now only disables touch on one of the sides next to the pen tip. You can choose your writing hand in the Windows pen settings. This way touch will only be disabled for your writing hand and keeps working on the other side of the pen tip. If you are switching between writing hands or drawing at different angles from the natural position or rotating the device with disabled auto-rotation then you are screwed up.
    But it has the benefit that you don't have to lift the pen out of range for pressing buttons in software using your other hand. Though it doesn't provide the ability to use toolbars as modifiers for the pen like the popular art-docks. As soon as the pen tip gets pressed touch will be disabled completely.
    MS should provide an option in the settings for enabling full touch rejection again.

To get palm rejection back on the T902:
    - Simply uninstall the automatic installed Wacom driver (currently v7.3.1-7)
    - Restart Windows. Palm rejection should be working again, also touch should behave correct now
    - To get the Wacom control panel back install the lastest working driver (v7.2.0-10). I've uploaded it in the past here. Maybe you have to install it in Windows 7/8 compatibillity mode, for me it worked without now.
    - Restart Windows
    - Maybe you have to prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing a new driver version and breaking everthing again following one of the tutorials in the web.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    3phemeral likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.