T902, 5 General Complaints Thus Far

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ms777, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ms777

ms777 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all, got a T902 recently and I am running into some issues:

#1 After having the lid closed for a very long time w/o shutting down, sometimes it is necessary to restart the computer to start the touch / pen capabilities back up. I don't know what is up with that.

#2 The digitizer is not very accurate close to the edge of the screen, normally the pen would drift on edges (most modern digitizers laptops) - it does that a little, but it also gets really grainy, no matter how smoothly you try and handle the problem, the writing / strokes always look jagged. This is only a problem near the very edge of the screen.

#3 Randomly the laptop will try to connect strokes, like it "missed" a beat and decided I tried to make a line from one word, or drawing to the next. This happens in OneNote and Photoshop.

#4 The screen rotation is a mixed blessing, I find it has an amazing ability to detect what I want, and stay there for long periods of time, but then it will act up, and I'll be hitting the screen rotate button and nothing will happen (even after pausing it as the first push usually does). If I am on the bus, any acceleration will flip the orientation. Honestly, I just wish I had a way to have a completely manual control over my screen rotation, I'd only have to push it once in a while, NBD!

#5 The case feels very sturdy and high quality, however, where the camera is located the screen bezel feels loose and with pressure you can hear a bit of a "crunching sound," it doesn't sound serious, it sounds like the slight flexing of loose plastic under pressure, the only area that has this problem is near the very top of the digitizer, in the camera area. However, I hope I can find a way to eliminate the sound and have a bit of a more solid feel.

That being said, a lot of the problems I've run into so far have been my own fault, or me over looking some option or setting. It's been a pleasant experience so far, but hopefully I can customize this experience to the $2000 investment my T902 is turning into. I'll post here if I run into anything else, hopefully some buyer can use this information to make their own informed decisions.

Please let me know if you've experienced similar issues on your T902s, or if I am just way off base and have a dud. I am using a Lenovo digitizer pen too. Still waiting for the T902 original.

2. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't have the problem with the touch not waking up after lid was closed for a while, but I do have the same problem when the T902 is in tablet mode and I put it into standby (with the screen facing up), i.e. when surfing the Internet and watching TV, then putting it aside for a while to pay more attention to the TV. When I then reactivate it, pen and touch sometimes do not work, so I have to turn it back to laptop mode to access the touchpad to reboot it. Haven't been using it extensively in tablet mode yet (unfortunately), it has mostly been hooked up to an external monitor, mouse and keyboard for video editing, therefore I don't know what other pen/touch problems there are. So I might yet be in for a few surprises when I actually start doing Photoshop work on it...

3. BigDragon

BigDragon Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have any issues with the machine registering touch while in tablet mode? I've found with mine that touches are registering dozens of times. If I'm in tablet mode and hold my pinky finger down on the screen I can see Windows constantly making the ripple touch graphics around where it thinks my finger is resting. It makes using touch in tablet mode impossible due to the multiple touch registrations or none at all.

4. ms777

ms777 Pen Pal - Newbie

my unit does not have that issue, I typed this out in tablet mode to see if i had any problems.

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I have this EXACT touchscreen problem with mine. I think it is either faulty, or there is a held charge on the screen. As an experiment, try the following:

1. Hold one hand firmly to the back or side of the screen with your left hand while trying to use the touch screen with the other hand. I guarantee it will work better, not perfect, but much better. I can't explain why this is, it's like it needs more contact to complete a loop, or ground or something.

2. Do you have a screen protector installed?? Mine has gotten worse, but I can't tell if its because of my photodon screen protector.

3. Is it impossible to drag a box across the desktop? Mine is clicking constantly when I touch it, or ignoring my touch altogether, so it's impossible to "click and drag"

I am on a break from working with it so I can afford to take it in to a shop now, I will let you know what they find out. I think they may end up just replacing the screen.

6. BigDragon

BigDragon Pen Pal - Newbie

I recall upon receiving this T902 that the screen bezel was open at the bottom on either side of the pivot hinge. I snapped that back into place on my first day of ownership, but Saturday just before filling out the RMA form for the machine I did a number of experiments. One was to sandwich the screen between my hands. I did this all across the screen applying light pressure. There was some sort of snap or click just below the webcam area. Since that experiment I have had no issues with the touch system registering multiple touches. I'm not sure if the shielding was installed improperly or some sort of adhesive didn't take...don't know. That has helped a lot and made me change my mind to keeping the machine.

I do not use a screen protector. It used to be impossible to drag a box across the desktop or trigger a hold-to-right click event. No problems now. When it was acting up the problem seemed to be worst around the webcam and directly over the touchpad while in tablet mode. This made me think it was some sort of shielding issue. Whatever that click or snap was, it was in that area. Maybe it will help you.

I did not fill out that RMA form either. Going to keep this thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.